Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Electric aerial never quite folds away - I can source a new one ok but can anyone tell me how to access it - Do I go via wheel arch or from inside the car - any help appreciated

Thanks

Martin

·
Registered
887 Posts
Both!
Wheel arch down for aerial, but lead plugs in inside car in drivers footwell panel, where fuse box is, need to tape a bit of string or wire to old lead before pulling out, so you can route the new one, unless you want to remove fuse box for access.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Murphwiz

I expected to have to get into the footwell wasnt sure about the wheel arch - when/If the weather ever improves I'll have a rummage

·
Registered
5 Posts
not sure if you have changed your aerial yet, if not try cleaning it with some WD40 as mine was the same, used to stick up too, but works a treat now & I just squirted a little WD40 around the base as well (protected the wing with an old rag)

Would think this is a little cheaper than buying a new one

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi TKS

Thanks for your comment have cleaned and lubricated as much as possible but still the same - I cant even assist it to close. So for me I think a new one is in order - I am not sure wether to replace with the same type though - I had a couiple of electric aerials years ago and none of them proved to be very reliable and they are a bit old hat now days......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,My aerial has stopped working too. Is it possible to unscrew the mast and screw in one of the little rubber ones that sell on ebay and leave the base to the old aerial where it is, still connected up. Would I get a signal this way? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know of a good replacement ariel for the sedona (2005). A manual one that just screws in. I've seen the ones on ebay but they are just masts, where do i find the bases to them

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts