Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Egr valve failed. Warranty Advice please.

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  tigger 
#1 · (Edited)
Situation resolved by phoning kia customer service

#3 ·
I think you will need to explain why it's capped and hope for the best.

While you have said its under warranty. You have not given any further car details & if it has been serviced in line with Kia schedules.

Reason I say this is, many people think it's a 7 year warranty. But to keep it intact it does need to be serviced as per Kia's schedule.
If taken out of Kia network, then you need to be able to prove serviced as per kia.

#4 ·
Provided the car has been serviced properly, and that doesn't mean you had to use a Kia dealer, then I would think a 'running repair' in these unusual times would be excusable.
It would be petty behaviour of the highest order for Kia to use this as a reason to refuse.
And if the dealer says no, take it further.
I'm convinced dealers sometimes lie and say 'head office has refused', when they've actually made the decision themselves and not even checked.

#5 ·
I agree - a temporary repair pending proper KIA dealer intervention is entirely defensible expedient action. Make sure the dealer understands that this has been done only recently to allow the car to be used and it is kinder to the engine than to leave it with a faulty EGR.

There might be other reasons why a warranty claim could be rejected (and which would anyway apply even if the car was immediately seen by the dealer) but I think you have a robust defence against the blanking being held to invalidate a claim. Also ask them to return the cap to you so you can give it back to the garage which fitted it.

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.