Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Has anyone blanked off the EGR valve on a 2006 + Sedona 2.9 crdi - looks easy enough to do but wondered if it would throw up any warning lights on the dash! I see on another post that someone did it on the earlier model without any problems.

·
Registered
310 Posts
You can do it, but remember what the EGR does, at high combustion temperature which produce greater sulphur the egr cuts in sending exhaust gas back to the combustion chamber so lowering the temperature reducing the sulphur levels, so if it is removed you will increase the running temperature of the engine and maybe increasing the possibility of head gasket failure. Also you may get the engine light come on from time to time if the emissions gore out of spec on.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Thanks for the reply - I have done it on other vehicles without a problem a Vectra 1.9 diesel but it throws up a warning light and needs to be programmed out of the ECU - was wondering if this was the case with the Kia. I also did it on a Mitsubishi Pajero and it was a big improvement after.As far as the EML [Check light] goes I am having a problem with this coming on occasionally and was hoping that blanking the EGR off could help that.

Edited by: alcutler

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hi, yes some people have found that it made a difference but, this could be due to a faulty egr letting in air, if the egr on the Sedona is vacum operated then you could pull the pipe off and block it with something.
I did diconect it on my Toyota lucida but found no difference, so reconnected it due to them having a cooling issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts