Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I have an 03 Rio and the problem is that the ECU fuse keeps blowing. I am having to replace up to 5 times per journey as when the car is slowing to a standstill or is at standstill or just set off from lights, junction, roundabout, parking space etc it just blows the fuse and stalls. Once fuse replaced starts and sets off OK (for a while!!).

I'm going through loads of fuses and it's causing each journey to be very stressful as if I don't keep the revs up when slowing down (this is very difficult as I often have to yank the handbrake on as if I brake obvioulsy the revs drop and the car stalls) then it stalls, this is potentially at every single junction, roundabout, line of traffic, roundabout, when parking etc.

Is this a common fault with the Rio? Any ideas on what the problem is and how much it would be roughly to repair?

TIA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pulled out ECU box, looks all in order but checked all wires and fastened it back in. Looks like it was a loose wire as car seems OK since.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Glad you seem to have got it solved. Let us know if the problem comes back.
Edited by: M4trundler

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Could have been a wire chaffing and going to ground. Did you look at the small connectors on the loom and ECU and if so was any of them corroded as in slight green tinge to them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts