Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could those of you that have had problems with your ECU-ETACS and had it replaced, please get back to me with you Reg., date of problem and dealership that fixed. I have a case open with Kia UK who would like as many examples as possible to tie this together. At the moment I am being told this is not an issue they are aware of which, given the number of examples I've seen, can't be right.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Seems reading your other posts your car is eating Etacs.. which would suggest it's not the etacs fault?
Having been dealing with Kia's for around 8 years, Whilst I have seen a few etacs changed, it's not a epidemic by any means, and by few I'd say lucky if it reaches double figures.
Your car needs a damn good auto electrician on it, in this case a dealer is not the best place, dealers tend to have jack of all trades, and very very few dealers have techs that have enough time and knowledge to sort out a problem that yours has.
I take any proper problem cars to a auto electrician regardless, he always manages to get to the bottom of the problem and for a lot less than it would cost me to have a tech on the problem for any length of time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Couldn't agree more. Think something's spiking it and an auto-electrician would certainly be the way to go. However, I've already taken it to a local auto-electrician who quoted me £500 to rip the car apart. And that was without diagnosing or fixing the problem. Beyond taking the p*ss IMHO.

As for Kia, my beef with them is that they say they've never heard of this and I can't believe that. The dealer had the car a week last year and couldn't find the fault. I wrote to Kia UK's customer services 4 weeks ago 'cause I'd like them to point me in the direction of the problem, that might keep the cost of a fix down. They recommended taking it to the dealer's and getting a case raised om GSW.4 weeks later, I kid you not, the dealers have not even managed to do this! Becoming more of a cause than the ETAVCS now!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts