Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my2009CEE'D 1.6d was recalled for an update to the ECM, can anyone tell me what the upgrade was for, and if will make any difference to the performance?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Mine too was recalled when it went in for some spray work, unsure exactly what it achieved but it's something to do with the turbo spooling up and looking after it better.
I noticed no difference really in driving but reset my trip computer and have gone from 49.7 to 53.1 mpg over the last few months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that drakey, Hopefully I will see an improvement in MPG also, mine is also around the 47 mark at the moment so must remember to reset the trip tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
If you can - could you ask them if they know what the upgrade actually does - it would be interesting to find out as I forgot, due to picking mine up from the spray bay which was seperate to the dealers.
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did ask at the time but the receptionist said they didnt know, Kia just told the dealership to implement the upgrade and apparently didnt tell them any more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is yours the Ceed SW and did you get the letter direct from your dealer ?
Glad to hear the Fuel comsumption has decreased waiting for mine to go in for a service then ill ask if its due on my Ceed SW

·
Registered
536 Posts
It was a knocking improvement. I can get the TSB number if anyone wants it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pipskee,
Yes mine is the sw, and it was recalled by the dealer by telephone. I have definitely noticed an improvement in the MPG, so far only around town, but hopefully on longer runs it should be even better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pipskee said:
Thanx Royp Ill check it out to see if they are going to do it
Good luck mate such a great car dont you think?
Pipskee

Yes its very good value for money, does everthing that I want from an Estate car -- except 80 to the gallon!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts