Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just a very quick message to say first hello and mainly thank you! Have been lurking with intent in here for the past few weeks soaking up all your knowledge and Soul experience. It's been very very useful.

Took a test drive yesterday and am hoping to pick up my Echo on Friday. After 7 years in a Sedona I can't wait! I will look forward to hopefully being able to join in the debates and offer some advice etc once I have a few miles under the foot.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all,

Thanks for hospitality!

Going for the black one. One of the many nearly new, delivery mileage examples that a lot of Kia dealers have on thr forecourts currently. Guessing all these Echoes are pre-reg central stock that Kia UK are trying to clear before the new stuff lands?

Went in with firm intention to stick to budget and go for a second hand 10k miles example. Just loved the look of the Echo and have always fancied having leather. Think the "go faster stripes" are absolutly hysterical! Think they add to the marmite appeal of the car! I intend to keep the car for at least 6 years - that's how we justified the extra spend anyway!

Car will not be ready tomorrow as the dealer has to wait for the log book from Kia direct, so looking like next Thursday now. No problem with that - will keep on counting the days!

Really pleased with the car and the deal we got. Bring it on!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Being a nosey git what deal did you get on yours, I bought mine at the beginning of Dec and got it for 13495, but it was the ex-demo car. Mine is the white with black stripe, I love it!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
£12k. Sounds like a good deal. Should have taken you along for my negotiations the other day!

Mine came in at £12,600 with flaps, carpets, 6 months tax and full tank of diesel. Very happy with the part ex agreed. Should maybe have pushed harder, always room for more out of a deal but overall happy and really looking forward to getting my mitts on "Stripey" (my daughter - honest...) next week.

Happy new year to everyone!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Lol....makes me sick!!!...paid £13,800 for my Tempest 2 years ago!!!....but that was when they were like hens teeth and had a 5 month waiting list!!!....how things change.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Did not do so bad with our Tempest in March 10,did not have to wait as we ordered on the Saturday end of Feb and it was supplied the next Friday.We got a very good deal with part ex and paid under 12K inc part ex so we were very happy with the deal which inc a full tank of diesel.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Yeah, if you take the part ex off i paid £11,800....but the fuel tank was empty and they give me some bull about not storing cars with fuel in them - so they couldnt fill it up...... guess they realised i was desperate and my part ex was about to need some money spending on it....lol

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It was just under 12k with the part ex inc in the cost.We did very well as they wanted to get some sales going at that time though they allowed 3k part ex I would think they would have got at least 4k for our old car.We paid the balance in cash so all in all it was £11940 but if you look at the extra they got for our old car they did not do to bad out of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi All,

Finally picked up my Echo last night. Enjoyed my first 100 miles in it today so far so good! First observations:

1) The car is quiet compared to the Sedona and my C1. No problems (for me) with the road noise
2) Likewise harshness of ride. Feels like a flying carpet compared to the C1.
3) Got 55mpg to and from work today. Long may that continue.
4) The stereo is extremely impressive. Again I have the majesty of the audio in the C1 to thank for that.
5) I wasn't prepared for the attention the Soul seems to attract! It was really rather amusing on the m6 this afternoon seeing the reps slow down and give the car a good looking over. Seems the Soul is not for those who wish to be anonymous.
6) Driver ergonomics for me are perfect. Cabin feels positively space aged.
7) The only thing I am missing is heated seats. First time with leather seats. Dam they were cold this morning. The heating and a/c do a cracking job though of warming everything up.

Early days - and many opinions based on previous cars which have set (lowered?) expectations but loving the Soul experience. The car has raised the bar from what i have been used to for the past 7 years. Once again thanks to everyone who contributes in here. I picked up a lot of really useful stuff prior to stepping into the dealership.

Will look forward to the Soul meet later this year!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
well done, bud..... enjoy it...... the Soul gets better as it gets older. Mines done 30k now and just sweeps along happily.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Congrats, you will love the Soul, I thought the Echo I drove was very good its a little different to my Tempest but has the same sound system which is great. They do tend to attract attention and the Echo even more so than mine which being grey does not stand out as much as yours oldswan.I have cut my mlieage down now on mine and have only just short of 28k on it, you are leaving me behind tempest now.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
GREY!!!....GREY!!!!......cough....choke.......TITANIUM!!!......CLASSY SEXY TITANIUM....... wash your mouth out with soap. (and the next smart alec that retorts with the word "graphite" gets a slap at the next meet!.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts