Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

I’m having an issue where whenever I’m on a call, the person on the other end can hear themselves echoing back. I use Apple CarPlay if that is significant.

This seems like quite a significant software fault of the noise cancellation, I’ve got it booked into my local Kia Dealer tomorrow, but was wondering if there is another fix or if there is a software update which can fix it?

thanks,

Joey.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Joey. Thanks for the message earlier. I've been putting up with the echo over the past few months and basically avoiding making or receiving calls. Far from ideal. But your message has prompted me to ring my local Kia dealer and get it booked in.

Cheers,

Tim

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Hi Joey

Your dealer will need to check the firmware and software versions tomorrow. We are aware of an Apple CarPlay issue affecting connectivity with some head units and this is waiting on Apple providing a fix. Your dealer will look at any Kia related defects first but if it turns out to be the Apple issue, you may need to temporarily revert to Bluetooth for calls and only use CarPlay for other infotainment.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit Discover Our Kia Range & Find A Local Dealer | Kia Motors UK
Follow https://twitter.com/KiaUK
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Watch www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Customer Service opening hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 13:00
Sunday: Closed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts