Kia Owners Club Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

Registered
The ventilated memory seats are the other 4+ features that I will probably regret not waiting for 馃榿
(But I have no patience)

btw. Can anyone with a 4 tell me if it has the headlights that sense other cars and dip/undip automatically?

Registered
The ventilated memory seats are the other 4+ features that I will probably regret not waiting for 馃榿
(But I have no patience)

btw. Can anyone with a 4 tell me if it has the headlights that sense other cars and dip/undip automatically?
I have a 4 e-Niro (one month old) and the headlights do auto dip.

Registered
I have a 4 e-Niro (one month old) and the headlights do auto dip.
Awesome. Thanks.
Mine is coming in two weeks.

i took an Uber the other day and was trying the convince the driver he should go electric. It seems taxis get an 拢8500 grant for all electric vehicles!

Registered
Can anyone provide advice on the e-niro range warning? I did my first long drive yesterday. On the way home, I always had around 30 miles excess of range over destination. 15 miles from home I had a warning message on SatNav "Insufficient power to reach destination - re-charge" - which freaked me a bit.. Decided to ignore and carry on - arrived home 13% battery and 30 miles of range.
Any idea what triggers this and how to change the trigger? I found keeping an eye on the miles of range left more satisfying than the % display. Thanks! Fantastic drive too!!

Registered
Another question. Does everyone have the REALLY loud reversing bing outside the car when selecting reverse? It is so loud I thought the sensor was telling me I was about to hit something.
I don't mean the VESS noise, which I think is cool, but a bing-bing-bing that goes on as long as reverse is selected

Registered
Another question. Does everyone have the REALLY loud reversing bing outside the car when selecting reverse? It is so loud I thought the sensor was telling me I was about to hit something.
I don't mean the VESS noise, which I think is cool, but a bing-bing-bing that goes on as long as reverse is selected
I "think" its designed that way for pedestrian safety. Mine isn't "really loud" though... i wonder if you switched VESS off if you'd still get the reversing sound...

Registered
Yes,
I "think" its designed that way for pedestrian safety. Mine isn't "really loud" though... i wonder if you switched VESS off if you'd still get the reversing sound...
if you turn VESS off, the reversing ping stops.
What would be good would be an alert that you can which tells you when you've broken the speed limit! Satnav tells you, but no audible bing..

Registered
Yes,

if you turn VESS off, the reversing ping stops.
What would be good would be an alert that you can which tells you when you've broken the speed limit! Satnav tells you, but no audible bing..
Thanks Fennie - that is a relief. And you're right, a speed limit bing would be good. I use Apple Car Play (wow that works well) so maybe google maps will do it.

Super Moderator
Can anyone provide advice on the e-niro range warning? I did my first long drive yesterday. On the way home, I always had around 30 miles excess of range over destination. 15 miles from home I had a warning message on SatNav "Insufficient power to reach destination - re-charge" - which freaked me a bit.. Decided to ignore and carry on - arrived home 13% battery and 30 miles of range.
Any idea what triggers this and how to change the trigger? I found keeping an eye on the miles of range left more satisfying than the % display. Thanks! Fantastic drive too!!

I think from the reviews on u-tube that the more you drive the car the better it gets at getting the predicted range correct.

I can remember one review by Mr EV, where he run out as missed the turn off on M/Way to charging point and had to call recovery

Registered
I think from the reviews on u-tube that the more you drive the car the better it gets at getting the predicted range correct.

I can remember one review by Mr EV, where he run out as missed the turn off on M/Way to charging point and had to call recovery

Ok - we'll see how it goes.. I've turned off the range warning alert in the meantime :)oops:).
Running out of juice is definitely not on the planned activities list!

Registered
Top tip... get your home charger connected to your e-Niro UVO app, so that the charger knows how much charge to give - and when.Otherwise it just acts as a dumb charger..

I'm using a OHME intelligent home charger connected to UVO and saying "100% charge by 08.30 (when night tarrif expires)" - OHME checks current state via API to the car and works how much juice is required and when to start.
An overnight from 13% to 100% cost 拢5.90

It's not as intuitive as turning up at a filling station and saying "fill 'er up mate" but once the apps are talking to each other....job done!

(PS - I've never said at a petrol station that but i recall my dad doing it and paying 拢5 for the petrol - but that's a loooooong time ago...)

Registered
I'm not sure I am answering Fennie56's question but we came home from Scotland last night and planned a stop @ Scotch Corner services. The fast charger was out of commission and only a 7kW one available. After 30 mins (coffee) we had 112 mile range for a 99 mile motorway journey. By staying at 60-65 ish, adaptive cruise control, draughting behind lorries etc. we got home with 27 miles range/10% battery still available. Total journey of 350 miles averaging 3.8miles pkWh. 1 white segment and 2 reds showing on the battery clock but never had any "range" warnings.

Registered
I'm not sure I am answering Fennie56's question but we came home from Scotland last night and planned a stop @ Scotch Corner services. The fast charger was out of commission and only a 7kW one available. After 30 mins (coffee) we had 112 mile range for a 99 mile motorway journey. By staying at 60-65 ish, adaptive cruise control, draughting behind lorries etc. we got home with 27 miles range/10% battery still available. Total journey of 350 miles averaging 3.8miles pkWh. 1 white segment and 2 reds showing on the battery clock but never had any "range" warnings.
Thanks.. were you using satnav? in the EV settings have you got 鈥渞ange alert鈥 set to on?

Registered
Was using satnav. Will need to check that setting.

Registered
Hi Fennie56, sorry for the delay. Answer to your query is "yes" range warning is selected. Must be a default setting because I wasn't aware that it existed.

Registered
Thanks..no apology needed! I think I鈥檒l put this down to the car understanding my driving pattern.. I鈥檝e also discovered the Eco+ mode.. hold down driving modes.. it sets limit at 60mph and various other fuel saving measures...

Registered
Hello all. As with most cars (F1 included) giving a "driving range/fuel consumption" figure, it is dynamic and depends entirely on your latest driving style. I had a diesel Vectra which regularly told me I was achieving 999 MPG going downhill. I have just done a return trip of 850 miles Home-Scotland. Prior to this my running was local and 100% SOC gave me a "range" of 307. Since I came home I have recharged up to 100% and my "range" is now 270. All my running for the next months will be local and the range will go back up to approx 295-305. The Niro range warning, as I read it, tells you when the miles left on your SatNav journey exceed the miles in your "range" SOC. Also max speed can be set on your cruise control button by pressing twice to read "LIMIT." Engage at your required speed and it will not go above it.

Registered
Hello all. As with most cars (F1 included) giving a "driving range/fuel consumption" figure, it is dynamic and depends entirely on your latest driving style. I had a diesel Vectra which regularly told me I was achieving 999 MPG going downhill. I have just done a return trip of 850 miles Home-Scotland. Prior to this my running was local and 100% SOC gave me a "range" of 307. Since I came home I have recharged up to 100% and my "range" is now 270. All my running for the next months will be local and the range will go back up to approx 295-305. The Niro range warning, as I read it, tells you when the miles left on your SatNav journey exceed the miles in your "range" SOC. Also max speed can be set on your cruise control button by pressing twice to read "LIMIT." Engage at your required speed and it will not go above it.
Thanks for the thoughts.. I'm aware of the speed limiter but I "think" you have to set it each journey.
But I came across a setting in the section where you define Eco/Normal/Sport modes where you can set a speed limiter in the Eco mode - so I've done that - it'll prevent accidental speed drift, which with these cars is sooooo easy!

41 - 58 of 58 Posts