Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
hey guys.

has anyone apart from journalists actually received an eniro yet?

our normal hev niro is going to be due its first service in January assuming its a yearly thing. does it have a bong for that too? :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
so since we are almost at the end of the year (and decade) has anyones eniro actually arrived ( i had a message from 1 lovely person) but just wondering if they have arrived now santa is in town and if so what peoples thoughts and experiences are of them

Merry christmas Kia clan :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
1st edition models for the first people who reserved them in UK , of which we were advised about 800 cars should be with their owners already, see utube for some of them, but has anyone seen them charging anywhere? The next lot also 1st edition should be here by march 2020 ?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hi All. We have had a Niro EV on order since last April for delivery March 23rd. Just been informed by my dealer, Marshall Kia Scunthorpe, that it will be a new model 4. We have solar panels on the house and had a Zappi home charger installed 2 weeks ago which will monitor the panels and charge when generating >1.4kWh. Just waiting for Octopus Energy to connect me to their Octopus Go tariff. 4 hours overnight electricity @ 5p per unit, equivalent to approx 1p per mile. Enjoyed our 1st gen Niro 3 on the big wheels but only averaged about 55MPG. Did 1 trip to Scotland, approx 1000 miles and averaged 60MPG. Electric chargers in Scotland are mostly free to use and will be going there again end of April. I'm all for free fuel!!!

Reactions: wallace

·
Registered
26 Posts
We've had an e-nero on order since last June ( and a VW ID3 ) and the dealer now says it should be delivered in May. We then have a month to accept it or we drop off the queue. The VW ID3 looks great car but they are even worse then Kia for keeping customers informed. One could arrive in the summer! The spec on the e-nero model 4 looks very good and I think it will suite us OK. We too have solar panels and we are looking at Scottish Powers EV car tarries that also give cheap electricity overnight. They can also install home charge points.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Just had a call from my dealer. My ENiro just arrived at his showroom. New model 4.
Picking it up Friday.:cool::giggle:

Reactions: wallace

·
Registered
9 Posts
Placed my deposit on 1st July 2019, picked up the car yesterday (19th June 2020). Still working through the manual...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered a '4' two weeks ago. Coming October 12th (and could have had it sooner if I wasn't fussy about colours).
The '4+' has quite a few extra gadgets, but was given a delivery date of April 2021. Its a company car so wasn't so worried about resale value and wanted to get the 0% BIK as quick as possible :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
My new e-Niro arrived today - my first Kia and first EV - very impressed!!
One thing though - it seems to only have one usable USB connector (lots for charging), so if you have a media USB and Apple Car Play (2 devices), you have to chose which one to connect - bit weird...
Any suggestions? or is it just like that?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've read on other forums that some, but not all, USB hubs work for this. It seems a bit hit and miss though, and of course, it could end up a bit messy with cables and whatnot. Ideally you'd want one a bit like the existing cigarette lighter USB chargers, i.e. a small 2 or 3 port hub with a USB plug directly connected to the back rather than on the end of a cable, but I've no idea if such a thing exists, or if it would even work in this instance.

EDIT: found this ... Mini USB 3.0 2.0 HUB For Xiaomi 3 Port Multiple Ports USB Splitter Adapter Car USB HUB 2.0 3.0 High Speed Tablet Laptop Computer| | - AliExpress

or this ... Hot USB Hubs 3 Ports USB 2.0 Hub Mini Rotate Splitter Adapter Hub For PC Notebook Laptop Mac Usb 2.0 Splitter Hub| | - AliExpress

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've read on other forums that some, but not all, USB hubs work for this. It seems a bit hit and miss though, and of course, it could end up a bit messy with cables and whatnot. Ideally you'd want one a bit like the existing cigarette lighter USB chargers, i.e. a small 2 or 3 port hub with a USB plug directly connected to the back rather than on the end of a cable, but I've no idea if such a thing exists, or if it would even work in this instance.

EDIT: found this ... Mini USB 3.0 2.0 HUB For Xiaomi 3 Port Multiple Ports USB Splitter Adapter Car USB HUB 2.0 3.0 High Speed Tablet Laptop Computer| | - AliExpress

or this ... Hot USB Hubs 3 Ports USB 2.0 Hub Mini Rotate Splitter Adapter Hub For PC Notebook Laptop Mac Usb 2.0 Splitter Hub| | - AliExpress
Thanks! I’ll give that a try...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was told elsewhere that they didn't think this was possible. So if either of these work it would solve a future issue for me wonderfully.

I have a 4+ on order and am wondering how to plug in a phone AND a media stick at the same time.

Wonder if Kia will support AA Wireless at some point

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was told elsewhere that they didn't think this was possible. So if either of these work it would solve a future issue for me wonderfully.

I have a 4+ on order and am wondering how to plug in a phone AND a media stick at the same time.

I’ll let you know...btw, for clarity, you can connect phone via Bluetooth and have media playing but not use seperate media and apple car play.
cracking car though! You’ll enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
3,284 Posts
I think the answer to that is no. As it requires a hardware change. Unless they have changed something in the new models.
As when KCS asked previously the answer was as above. No hardware support.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think the answer to that is no. As it requires a hardware change. Unless they have changed something in the new models.
I can't really understand that reply from Kia. The head unit already has WiFi, so it should be no more than a software update.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi to all, I'm a new member to the Forum, and ordered an E-Niro in spec 4+ in mid August. Having emailed Kia UK for an update, they very quickly replied to say my expected delivery is March '21. A long lead time but at least my new car will escape most of the ravages of winter and get the new 21 registration!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ll let you know...btw, for clarity, you can connect phone via Bluetooth and have media playing but not use seperate media and apple car play.
cracking car though! You’ll enjoy!
Sadly, but not surprisingly, that didn’t work. Ho hum... that’s a minor irritation that I can work around and doesn’t detract from a brilliant car!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi to all, I'm a new member to the Forum, and ordered an E-Niro in spec 4+ in mid August. Having emailed Kia UK for an update, they very quickly replied to say my expected delivery is March '21. A long lead time but at least my new car will escape most of the ravages of winter and get the new 21 registration!
Welcome! Have you considered a 4? After Ford effectively cancelled my Kuga PHEV, I went full electric and my Kia dealer was able to get a 4 in black (I wanted black and he said “that’s good..it’s the only colour I have!”). Delivered within 10 days.
its my first Kia, my first EV and I’m very very impressed!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi
Welcome! Have you considered a 4? After Ford effectively cancelled my Kuga PHEV, I went full electric and my Kia dealer was able to get a 4 in black (I wanted black and he said “that’s good..it’s the only colour I have!”). Delivered within 10 days.
its my first Kia, my first EV and I’m very very impressed!!
Hi Fennie56, Thanks for the welcome & yes, I have considered the 4 (test drove two of 'em) but the extra bits on the 4+ are what I really wanted. The blind spot monitoring ( a feature I have on my Skoda Karoq now) is that good a feature I reckon should be law (!), and the sunroof, 11 kW charger, plus ambient interior lighting etc, are "nice to haves" so I'll have to hang in there & wait patiently it seems. So glad you're impressed with your new car - it'll be my first Kia too, and EV, so can't wait until March ( but I'll HAVE to, LOL !).

21 - 40 of 58 Posts