Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my e-Niro for a few weeks now and it's great. Over the last few days however I've had a real problem with the windscreen misting up (when the car sits idle). I've checked and can't see any leaks and there is nothing wet left in the car. Having Googled it seems this may not be an unusual problem with EV's? Wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with the e-Niro and if there are any solutions?

Registered
With Autumn/Winter bringing more moisture in the air and lower outside temperatures misting can be an issue, especially if you have warmed the inside of the car up on a journey. Try closing your dash air vents when you park up overnight, little trick I found that works wonders 馃槈 Don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 particular to EV鈥檚. Also run your air con all of the time, it keeps the inside of the vehicle as dry as possible, just getting in and out with damp foot ware can increase the moisture in the carpets/mats, this will cause misting overnight.

Registered
Niro hybrid 2022
i have that with my hybrid, just put the screen demister on for 10 seconds .. and its gone. I do have the vents going with the fan on speed 1 all the time. no AC on.

Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
I've had my e-Niro for a few weeks now and it's great. Over the last few days however I've had a real problem with the windscreen misting up (when the car sits idle). I've checked and can't see any leaks and there is nothing wet left in the car. Having Googled it seems this may not be an unusual problem with EV's? Wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with the e-Niro and if there are any solutions?
Inside or outside?

I've found getting a couple of moisture absorbing bean bags & rotating them to dry them out works wonders. Mine are on a sticky pad on the dash.

My biggest issue is that sun gets to the front of the car early in the morning so any damp air in the car condensates on the windscreen & takes a age to clear without the bags. I could drive onto drive, but its a real pain reversing out..

Registered
We keep a cheap (circa 拢1.00) dehumidifier in both our cars during the winter.
As dilus posted - using A/C should clear misting fast.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With Autumn/Winter bringing more moisture in the air and lower outside temperatures misting can be an issue, especially if you have warmed the inside of the car up on a journey. Try closing your dash air vents when you park up overnight, little trick I found that works wonders 馃槈 Don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 particular to EV鈥檚. Also run your air con all of the time, it keeps the inside of the vehicle as dry as possible, just getting in and out with damp foot ware can increase the moisture in the carpets/mats, this will cause misting overnight.
Thanks for the tip (and to others who replied). I'll give it a go.

Registered
2018 3.3 V6 Twin Turbo GT-S Hichroma Red
All modern cars seem to rely on AC to remove the moisture out of the air and suffer in this way. I believe ECO mode can often reduce operation of AC, it certainly did on my last car (Lexus Hybrid).

Vince

Registered
Another thing you could try is save all of the little silica bags you get in the Covid Lateral Flow test kits and put them in your glove boxes etc, change them every now and again. I put them in my camera bag compartments to keep everything nice and dry 馃槈

Registered
i have that with my hybrid, just put the screen demister on for 10 seconds .. and its gone. I do have the vents going with the fan on speed 1 all the time. no AC on.
Me too...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts