Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've had my 2020 e-niro a week and am busily messing with all the features.

There's one (probably trivial) feature in the UVO app that's bugging me.

In the app I go to the main map screen

Then click in the search bar at the top:

And I see "Navi Linkage" appear at the right of the menu that appears. I click on that and I get this message:

I think I've linked everything to everything else, I've googled and read the manuals but I can't get into that feature?

I don't even know what the feature will give me but it's strangely important to me to find out :unsure::p

Anyhow, does anyone know what I need to do to achieve a "linkage" or maybe someone knows what I'm missing out on?

Thanks

Dan

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I did receive the same message as you when I looked at the uvo app on my iPad, but not on my iPhone, but I downloaded the update on my iPad and it disappeared have you got the latest version downloaded?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hiya David, thanks for persevering. Looks like I have the latest version (I'm on Android). I did disable a few push notifications but re-enabled them and restarted the app (even logged out/in again). I vaguely recall entering codes in the car but not 100% on whether that was for UVO setup or Kia Live tbh. Still get that message tho.

Soooo, what does that feature do for you? I can't bear the thought that I'm missing out on something crucial :oops::giggle:

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I use uvo to send destinations to the car, check and change the charging schedule, and also to lock and unlock it . It’s very handy so need to get yours working if we can, have you another device you can try the app on? Or see if there is away to reset uvo on the car and then enter your settings again? I will investigate.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Apparently quite a few Android users have experienced problems with uvo, but I would have thought latest version of app would resolve those, probably a stupid question have you used exactly the same login details on your car as your phone?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi David, sorry, didn't explain myself properly. The app as a whole is working (send dest, Door locking, HVAC on/off, charging etc.). It's just that one option. The "Navi Linkage" thing I'm wondering about.

·
Super Moderator
2,945 Posts
Apparently quite a few Android users have experienced problems with uvo, but I would have thought latest version of app would resolve those, probably a stupid question have you used exactly the same login details on your car as your phone?
Given that different manufactures tweek Android to their own needs. It's not always the case.
Best if you post the phone, Android version etc.
In reality, I think only Google use pure Android on the phones.

We have seen some issues with Android Auto & phones where manufacture is using a watered down version of Android which causes issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Given that different manufactures tweek Android to their own needs. It's not always the case.
Best if you post the phone, Android version etc.
In reality, I think only Google use pure Android on the phones.

We have seen some issues with Android Auto & phones where manufacture is using a watered down version of Android which causes issues.
Hiya, thanks for joining in. I'm on a Moto G7 power running Android 9. Motorola don't faff with the o/s much so it's pretty much stock Android and I'm not running any fancy skins or launchers. Ta

Dan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I mailed Kia and it seems to be a feature in development, so just have to hold tight for an update

1 - 14 of 14 Posts