Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have recently bought an e-Niro and am looking to configure the charging using off peak Economy 7 electricity. When I go into the schedule charging menu I have found that I can only select use off peak electricity if I also select a day and time as to when I want the vehicle charged by. I tried this and it worked, however on the nights when I don't connect the charging cable (as I don't need to charge the car) the car is constantly waiting for a cable to be connected and the green charging lights on the dashboard continually flash.

What I am after is - setting the car up so that it will only charge during the 7 hours off peak period. I don't want to specify which day and time I need the vehicle to be charged by, which is currently causing the constant flashing green dashboard lights.

Any advice or help would be welcome.

Regards

·
Registered
17 Posts
Set the charge schedule and then make sure that you have a departure time set for every day of the week. Whenever you need to charge just plug it in. Also set the charge limit. 80% or 100% is typical for home charging. Check the owners manual for details of the green lights. They will illuminate when it is charging the 12 volt battery from the HV battery. That could be what you are seeing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts