Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Here is my setup (brand new ENiro4+ delivered 3rd December).

View attachment 8634
Sorry guys n gals, I'm a bit late to this party. I have an E-Niro from 20 March 2020. I just booked in for my first service and asked for these updates to be told they think I am up to date. Looking at these figures, the only difference I have is firmware ending:-....... 191204.MICOM. All other digits and characters are identical.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry guys n gals, I'm a bit late to this party. I have an E-Niro from 20 March 2020. I just booked in for my first service and asked for these updates to be told they think I am up to date. Looking at these figures, the only difference I have is firmware ending:-....... 191204.MICOM. All other digits and characters are identical. View attachment 9466

Check. “ BryanDD“. Above I think you’ll find you haven’t the latest version of both firmware and software.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,258 Posts
Check. “ BryanDD“. Above I think you’ll find you haven’t the latest version of both firmware and software.
I am no expert, but those two images suggest different screen sizes, which would probably explain the differences in software. Possibly different GEN versions. (Note the image is from last year).

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hi, no I haven't. But given that my car left Korea last January, there is very little difference between mine and Capt. Black who got his car in December.

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
It could be that the latest (purple software) has not yet reached the UK for KIA.
From reviews it seems some like it, others do not.
I'm taking it that folks do have the Gen 5 10.2 screens. Which I assume is the "Wide" version.

Would be interested to know if the updated software gives you full screen Android Auto? And Cable less AA or Apple CP?

·
Registered
e-Niro 4+ 2020
26 Posts
It could be that the latest (purple software) has not yet reached the UK for KIA.
From reviews it seems some like it, others do not.
I'm taking it that folks do have the Gen 5 10.2 screens. Which I assume is the "Wide" version.

Would be interested to know if the updated software gives you full screen Android Auto? And Cable less AA or Apple CP?
Yes the update is for the 10.25 inch widescreen (So 4 & 4+ in the case of the e-Niro). I use CarPlay so not sure on Android but it is still cable only not wireless.

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
Yes the update is for the 10.25 inch widescreen (So 4 & 4+ in the case of the e-Niro). I use CarPlay so not sure on Android but it is still cable only not wireless.
Thanks.
I know Car Play is full screen on 10.2, just Android Auto is not. Would be nice is it could be made to display one of the widgets in the other 3rd, but as it's screen mirroring. That would be a google issue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi, no I haven't. But given that my car left Korea last January, there is very little difference between mine and Capt. Black who got his car in December.
Lots of cars coming off the production line in any given day so I would’nt be surprised if in the morning satnav fitted were pre update and later updated ones. i picked up our Niro 4+ car on the 18th Dec and it hasn’t the latest software. It’s quite normal practice to use older stock first and rely on dealers to do the update. December to January is not that long and car are held in stock for dispatch so whilst yours may have arrived in jan that doesn’t mean it was made in January It may well have been made before mine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks.
I know Car Play is full screen on 10.2, just Android Auto is not. Would be nice is it could be made to display one of the widgets in the other 3rd, but as it's screen mirroring. That would be a google issue.
That’s interesting about Google V Apple display as I’ve read that other car manufacturers have the same problem, not a full screen with google. I think it’s also the case with the MG BEV.

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
and rely on dealers to do the update.
From experience any software/mapping updates are not part of the PDI... As many users have picked up cars with old mapping, after we know the new version is out.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Lots of cars coming off the production line in any given day so I would’nt be surprised if in the morning satnav fitted were pre update and later updated ones. i picked up our Niro 4+ car on the 18th Dec and it hasn’t the latest software. It’s quite normal practice to use older stock first and rely on dealers to do the update. December to January is not that long and car are held in stock for dispatch so whilst yours may have arrived in jan that doesn’t mean it was made in January It may well have been made before mine.
It was January to December not Dec -Jan. Almost a full year although the Dec UK delivery vehicle would be approx 3-4 months old. Mine was put on the ship in January and delivered to me at the end of March so all that was taken into account.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It was January to December not Dec -Jan. Almost a full year although the Dec UK delivery vehicle would be approx 3-4 months old. Mine was put on the ship in January and delivered to me at the end of March so all that was taken into account.
When you posted it left last January I of course assumed you meant January 21 as that was last January especially as we are now 23 Feb. Sorry my mistake, that does throw a different light on it, I assume yours is the 10 inch screen so perhaps an early edition! thats now superseded By the 3 & 4+ as yours would be, if I’m not mistaken, the 4.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts