Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Registered
Kie e-Niro 4+ Silky Silver
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have only had my car for 3 weeks and today it went in for an update, thinking this would be related to the entertainment system & new maps etc. But the dealer said I had already have the latest version, the update applied was to do with the charging unit, someting to do with the 3 phase.

The software and firmware are as per the below

This still has the 3 screens that split on the home page, I thought the newer version this is no longer the case and the app/logo are now purple in colour, whereas mine are still white.

Has anyone who has received their new e-Niro 4+ able to attach their version info, as I am pretty sure there is an update but the dealer in Northampton swears blind this is the latest version, I鈥檓 guessing they may have not downloaded the latest firmware update themselves, but I could be wrong. ;)

Registered
I have only had my car for 3 weeks and today it went in for an update, thinking this would be related to the entertainment system & new maps etc. But the dealer said I had already have the latest version, the update applied was to do with the charging unit, someting to do with the 3 phase.

View attachment 8609

This still has the 3 screens that split on the home page, I thought the newer version this is no longer the case and the app/logo are now purple in colour, whereas mine are still white.

Has anyone who has received their new e-Niro 4+ able to attach their version info, as I am pretty sure there is an update but the dealer in Northampton swears blind this is the latest version, I鈥檓 guessing they may have not downloaded the latest firmware update themselves, but I could be wrong. ;)
I have the latest software in my Xceed updated end of November at a dealer

Registered
thank you, out of interest who was your dealer?
I just bought the car as it was an ex demo & requested the maps were updated on condition of sale, the dealer was TMS Kia Hinckley

Registered
I have the latest software in my Xceed updated end of November at a dealer

View attachment 8610
W

With regards to you software update, I know there鈥檚 a problem with the Myenergi 3 phase Zappi charger, in fact it was quite a serious safety problem. However myenergi with their latest software update may have resolved the problem, if your using their 3 phase home charger it would be worth checking it out. I don鈥檛 think there鈥檚 a problem with any other a/c chargers that deliver 11kw or more.

Registered

View attachment 8609

The KIa Customer Support list of latest (2020) SW is here 2020 Map / Software updates

From your screen shot it looks like your NAV APP SW may not match the latest release. Additionally the screen shot from mah006 seems to indicate a NAV Version potentially more recent than the Kia list

Registered
I just checked my versions and they are the same as yours exactly (my vehicle is a Eniro4+ delivered 1st December 2020). I can't get my screen to divide except into 3 sections the same size. My icons are white too.

Registered

View attachment 8609

Here is my setup (brand new ENiro4+ delivered 3rd December).

Super Moderator
Here is my setup (brand new ENiro4+ delivered 3rd December).

View attachment 8634
Do not bank on software being up to date when a new car is delivered.
It is not part of the PDI & is quite common for some models to have been sat a few months after manufacture, resulting in out of date software.

Registered
Do not bank on software being up to date when a new car is delivered.
It is not part of the PDI & is quite common for some models to have been sat a few months after manufacture, resulting in out of date software.
iooi I can well imagine that! Really not sure if my car is up to date, it's hard to interpret all the codes.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Mines all updated to the latest version and works a treat. I have lost some functionality in the satnav as you can no longer set to shortage route 馃檨. Apart from that all the other features are working well.

Registered
Mines all updated to the latest version and works a treat. I have lost some functionality in the satnav as you can no longer set to shortage route 馃檨. Apart from that all the other features are working well.
hi there, would you mind sharing how you manaGED to do that please. I called the dealer and they said there's no update for my. My car is a 2020 Kia e-niro which we got in July 2020. thanks

Registered
e-Niro 4+ 2020

View attachment 8609

The easy way to tell whether you have the most up to date software is the menu colour and split screen. The newest update has a purple menu and only 2 way split screen rather than 3. Having followed various discussions on this the main benefit of updating appears to be improved UVO app reliability. I personally preferred the 3 way split screen before mine was updated but you can鈥檛 go back once it鈥檚 done!

Registered
The easy way to tell whether you have the most up to date software is the menu colour and split screen. The newest update has a purple menu and only 2 way split screen rather than 3. Having followed various discussions on this the main benefit of updating appears to be improved UVO app reliability. I personally preferred the 3 way split screen before mine was updated but you can鈥檛 go back once it鈥檚 done!
(y) and that was gonna be my next question. Thanks Bryan, I like the 3 screen and I've learned to live with the flaky UVO app so I think I'll hold on (oh and my missus doesn't like purple!!)

Thanks guys.

Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
Does anyone know when the software was available to the dealers?
The last full update for the media system and sat nav was around September 2020. I don't know if that is the same update that is being mentioned on this thread. However Kia usually only do one media/sat nav update each year, usually released between April and June each year. Last years was delayed because of the pandemic.
I may be wrong, but there may have been a further 'patch' released last year. The reason for my doubt is it may be car specific, a number of new Sportage's suffered UVO and sound issues, the patch was to correct the fault.

Super Moderator
Here's a video of the latest software. it is from the US...

Reactions: Wobby1

Registered
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
hi there, would you mind sharing how you manaGED to do that please. I called the dealer and they said there's no update for my. My car is a 2020 Kia e-niro which we got in July 2020. thanks
Hi, I got the software from a link via Facebook, which bought me to the Hyundai forum. I believe this has now been removed, I鈥檓 sure if your a member of the Facebook Kia e-Niro page it鈥檚 still there 馃榾

Registered
Hi Bryan could you share your software version please, Colin.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts