Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yes the Skoda has them on the side of the bumpers as well
I'm presuming the 'Burb was the same, but on the Yeti you only got the front side ones when the car was equipped with the auto-parking system.

Reactions: stecon29

·
Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
7,452 Posts
Hi & Welcome.

Using the parking sensor switch
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Font Automotive wheel system Auto part

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
It seems that the function is designed so that morons who tailgate aren’t irritated by beeping warning them they are too close to the car in front. Why bother having parking sensors as a feature at all if they’re not always on? :unsure:
because you re not always parking.....

Reactions: Llanigraham

·
Registered
30 Posts
because you re not always parking.....
True, but the only time you should ever be close enough to the car in front of you for the sensors to start beeping is if you are parking, and yes that includes queuing at traffic lights.

This is the 3rd car I've owned with front parking sensors, them being permanently 'live' on the other two never caused any problems.

·
Registered
2021 E niro 4+ in Black
17 Posts
My last few cars have had parking sensors and I would hate to be without them now. My Land Rovers front sensors were not always on and a quick flick to reverse got them going. You should be able to see mostly what is front of the car, a rear view not so much. The thing that makes me laugh is when the car tells me the vehicle in front is moving off.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts