Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Picanto 3 my21
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a run of 160 miles today. This was my first use of E10 fuel. The trip was about half on motorways or dual carriageway. Averaged 59 mpg, so not much sign of diminished performance with this fuel. On motorways I have been getting about 56 at a steady 70 mph, so the higher figure due to half the trip on roads with mostly a 60mph
limit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I didn't realise that the E10 fuel was coming in so soon. I have been filling up with the dearer unleaded with this car and my previous one but needed petrol the other day so needed to buy at the station I pulled up at (an Asda) and the only option was E10. I haven't seen any difference in performance. I didn't think that I would be buying it so soon though. I had only read about it recently

·
Registered
182 Posts
my first tank on E10 and atm seems to be delivering slightly better millage with no down side on performance.

·
Registered
124 Posts
In theory E10 should be producing about 5% worse fuel consumption and about 8% more CO2/km than E5 but this seems to be highly dependent upon specific engine types.

Would be helpful if people had a look at their handbook/manual and stated the engine type they have.

I'd be exceptionally surprised if anyone is actually getting better fuel consumption with E10 rather than E5 on a non-hybrid car.

·
Registered
2020 Picanto 3 my21
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Engine 1lt DPi ISG
No doubt time will tell how performance shapes up but there was certainly no loss of performance in this hot weather with air con turned on. Pleased to see others have similar results. I fully understand the theory since I was afuel technologist once in a working life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts