Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
As I'm planning trip through Europe soon I'm bit wooried about these Headlights.
Got 19plate optima gt line s and in owner's manual they saying i need to change Mode in user settings to drive in Europe but is no such thing like that in my car. I'm checked everything everywhere with no luck. Its a bit disappointing especially my old superb (2011) have travel mode.
I'm read already few topics about that in different kia cars and some of them have that feature some don't need it etc. So not sure if i need to put that awful stickers on headlamp or not?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
As I'm planning trip through Europe soon I'm bit wooried about these Headlights.
Welcome to the forum, 'BartBsz'.

I have a 2016 model and, as I understand things, the LED headlamps produce a relatively flat beam that can be used either side of the channel without adjustment.

Frankly, I have my doubts about that claim so for the sake of the cost of a couple of stick-ons, my advice would be to apply them at the outset of any journey on mainland Europe which should avoid any criticism from a police officer, who may or may not be au fait with the relevant lighting regulations.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 68 plate gt line s and posted almost the same question. Kia CS advised me in e mail that the lights were sufficiently flat and did not require adjustment. Like you I was confused by the manual. As some other members suggest, I'm not 100% confident in the CS response and carried some stick on deflectors with me. I didn't drive in the dark so didn't use them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Easy to check if lights are flat or not in the dark against wall/fence. To be honest this would be surprise to me if a modern car lights are not asymmetrical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts