Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , has anyone experienced a problem with a front door on a Sportage , my drivers door seemed to have come out of align (dropped) I have taken car to main dealers who are unable to correct , car needs to go into body shop to see if they can adjust , car is a 68 reg with very low miles ,

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Something like a broken hinge would be obvious. Failing that this is usually only caused by distortion of a body panel.

How far has it dropped?

Are KIA going to arrange this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi turnup door seems to have dropped about 4mm , when you shut the door you have give it a good push so it rides up the striker plate , when shut all looks in line , trim etc , Marshall Kia Ipswich have told me this is not covered under warranty , I think it should be , they are going to take the car and send to body shop to see what they say , not sure if this can be done on hinge adjustment ? If not then the car has twisted which is a very big concern , I have got to book car in with them as they need it for a day , hopefully can be sorted

·
Registered
329 Posts
On my 2010 Sportage the door had dropped and was not shutting flush, Kia fixed this under warranty.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Hi turnup door seems to have dropped about 4mm , when you shut the door you have give it a good push so it rides up the striker plate , when shut all looks in line , trim etc , Marshall Kia Ipswich have told me this is not covered under warranty , I think it should be , they are going to take the car and send to body shop to see what they say , not sure if this can be done on hinge adjustment ? If not then the car has twisted which is a very big concern , I have got to book car in with them as they need it for a day , hopefully can be sorted
The door will look fine if you can shut it - the lock and striker hold it in the correct position. Dunno why the dealer says not warranty - he needs to be able to demonstrate damage or misuse to support that view. Try lifting the door when it is slightly open - does it move up and down? If it does can you see play anywhere in the hinges?

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
Issue resolved

1 - 6 of 6 Posts