Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May seem a strange question but I have just noticed our Drivers side door does not sit flush with the rear door at the bottom I have checked the passengers side and it’s perfectly flush. We have a 19 plate 1600 auto. Any suggestions please people.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My workshop manual says the doors are adjustable at the hinges so might need a dealer visit to align under warranty?
Says to support door with a jack so sounds like it might be a hefty thing to do on your own on the driveway
As for why it is out of line, as you've just noticed it, possibly from factory? Its not something that folks generally look for on a relatively new car unless accident damage is suspected.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My workshop manual says the doors are adjustable at the hinges so might need a dealer visit to align under warranty?
Says to support door with a jack so sounds like it might be a hefty thing to do on your own on the driveway
As for why it is out of line, as you've just noticed it, possibly from factory? Its not something that folks generally look for on a relatively new car unless accident damage is suspected.
Thank you for the reply. I noticed it as I walked out the front door. As you said it’s something you would not normally notice. I shall call the dealer first thing tomorrow. Once again thanks for you’re help

·
Registered
667 Posts
I would assume that the Venga comes down the production line "doors off" but all the same, adjusting the door may break the paint seal around the hinge and other adjustable parts, it is really a dealer job if in warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts