Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 sportage, the central locking is not functioning correctly. I can push the key fob and it unlocks the doors apart from the drivers door. I am unable to unlock the door using the manual key either. I can open the door by using the internal handle and when it locks automatically after driving its ok to open from the inside. Just wondering if the whole lock would need to be replaced or the actuator or if its something else.

·
Registered
Sportage GT-Line 1.6t petrol. 174bhp
21 Posts
I had a similar issue with my last car and was on the list of reasons why I decided to trade in and get the Kia.
On my car it was the passenger door and it would either unlock or not, I could open the door from inside but it wouldn't unlock/lock with the fob. Volvo told me it was a kinked wire within the door that fed in with speaker wires and other electrics through the ducting. which was why it was intermittent and they quoted me £150-300 depending on labour and parts.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Most likely whole door lock actuator will need replacing. On my Rio, I replaced with used units. The motors contain a PTC fuse which goes. Unfortunately it's not easily replaced as the whole unit is glued together and not easily reassembled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts