Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks
Anyone out there had or having this problem with their drivers seat adjustment.

I have the seat at nearly full hight and every time I get in or out of the seat it works the seat adjustment down.

Had the modified handle fitted last month but it is still able to knock this handle down each time you get in or out.

Feel like taking the handle off!

Bob.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a 09 sportage & every time i get out of the car i must catch the lever & lower the seat slightly,i notice this when i get back in, i seem lower,so i set the height i wanted, then took off the lever & rotated it 180°, so the lever points backwards,but the seat stays were i set it.it still works the seat height.
You just have to reach behind the seat alittle to adjust if you want too.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Paul checked but the drivers seat foam seems harder than the passengers. If the handle was angled down about 10 degress I reccon this would not happen, but as you know it
can only be fitted forwards or backwards.

Putting it on backwards would cause problems with passengers in the back.

Could drill 2 more holes to move handle down?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have a new Sportage and have noticed that my drivers seat is always returning to a lower setting for some unknown reason. I am not aware of me accidently hitting the handle and was going to ask Kia dealer about this. I will first check if I do knock handle when getting in or out.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Swap handle from foreward to backward position and seat has stayed where set.
I think that answers the question.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts