Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 kia picanto GT Line. I purchased the car from New in 2018 and driver seat material is cracking and split ! Car was in for first MOT today and I asked that seat be checked. I was advised by Arnold Clark Kia in Cumbernauld that it was due to wear and tear. I still have 2 years to pay on car and was advised that warranty does not cover this ! At this rate the seat will be in pieces by the time payment is complete. This is my second Kia . I am both saddened and angry at being fobbed with 'wear and tear' as a reason for deterioration of material on seat .

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
I've moved this to the Kia Customer Support forum for their comments.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Hi Red Doc

There are instances where leather claims are rejected by warranty as there is no evidence of defects to material or workmanship. These cases can only be put down to wear and tear, sometimes with added contamination from fluids. cosmetics etc. We can contact your dealer to check they consulted the leather seat damage evaluation guidance we've issued and whether they involved our central warranty department.

Please PM us with the reg, your full name and confirming if you're the registered keeper so we can investigate.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit Discover Our Kia Range & Find A Local Dealer | Kia Motors UK
Follow https://twitter.com/KiaUK
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Watch www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Customer Service opening hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 13:00
Sunday: Closed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts