Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had any issues with the faux leather cracking/splitting on the driver seat? I've had the car for 18 months(GTLS) and just noticed on the right hand side of the bottom seat is quite badly cracked...not sure if this is covered by warranty........

·
Registered
240 Posts
Cant say I have seen vinyl do that except on older cars (10 years plus from sun) but definately a defect. It should be covered by your 7 year warranty if you have not been using chemicals (other than soapy water) to clean your seats.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Has anyone else had any issues with the faux leather cracking/splitting on the driver seat? I've had the car for 18 months(GTLS) and just noticed on the right hand side of the bottom seat is quite badly cracked...not sure if this is covered by warranty........
This is the 3rd thread ive seen regarding defective seats in the last week.

Looks like Kia have a wider spread problem with their seats, as others have reported similar issues happening to their Stingers and Sportages...

Id 100% take that in and get it replaced, cant see them putting up any kind of fight tbh. If they do there are more than enough previous posts on here to use as example that its not uncommon.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Do we have an update?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi all,
Due to me living 45 mins away from any Kia dealer, i waited until it was due a service to report the fault which i did back in November.
They took photos and sent them off to Kia.
Kia said the pictures weren't clear enough and needed more evidence!
Luckily I had changed jobs and went past the garage every few weeks so managed to call in during opening hours for further photos to be taken.
It took kia 2 weeks to decide but they eventually replaced the bottom section of my seat under warranty.
However, a crack has now appeared on the back section so I'll have to go back again. Shouldn't take as long this time i hope!

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's disappointing. And even if they fix them, unless they have changed the type, strength, thickness, etc of the material, what is to say it will not happen again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts