Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!!

We have an 06 SE+ and the driver's seat is controlled (move back/ forward and height adjustment) by switches on the right of the driver's seat.

However, whilst all other functions appear to work on it, we now cannot move the seat back and would therefore be driving with my chest almost upon the wheel and knees against the bulkhead of the footwell.

Any urgent suggestions would be welcomed as we are using it to go on holiday on Monday!

Thanks in advance

UKD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
have just been advised that the button that allows the seat to rise / lower does not work according to my wife also (hopefully switching out the fuse should cure it - off to look at the fuse diagram to see if I can determine which fuse it is)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Only a suggestion but are you moving the main switch and not the lumber support switch. I say this because I returned to the dealer after one week of owning my SE+ telling them that the seatwont move, only to be told by a very smug salesman that I was using the wrong switch

·
Registered
192 Posts
did you say your wife told you it doest move ,save yourself the hassle and go try moving it your self bud .my wife was complaining that someone moved her indicators to the wrog side aggh .happy days eh .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rabbit68 said:
Only a suggestion but are you moving the main switch and not the lumber support switch. I say this because I returned to the dealer after one week of owning my SE+ telling them that the seatwont move, only to be told by a very smug salesman that I was using the wrong switch

Hi Rabbit

thanks for the response, unfortunately yes, it is the correct switch I'm trying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
corcaighbhoy said:
did you say your wife told you it doest move ,save yourself the hassle and go try moving it your self bud .my wife was complaining that someone moved her indicators to the wrog side aggh .happy days eh .

To be fair to your wife, the kia is the the only car I've owned / driven that has swapped the indicators over!!!

It can be a complete pain when you swap vehicles over and turn the wipers on instead of indicating that you are turning

Have checked it personally, and surprisingly (I can say that because she is away visiting her sister) she is correct

UKD

·
Registered
192 Posts
hi ukd my cars a ssangyong musso and my indicators are on the right too, korean idea i think .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got back from a short holiday, and just a quick update.

I think the problem is in the control unit that the switches go into (if that makes sense? lol).

I can't see any issues with the wires, so have had to admit defeat (as it's a sealed unit) and have booked it into the local dealership (there goes £x00's of pounds) for Thursday (just got to check whether it would be covered under warranty - hopefully yes but probably not with my luck)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can you update me me on your Drivers seat adjustment problem. I have a 2006 Sorento XS and the same problem has just happened. I think you are right that it is the switch, but I've just been quoted £330 by Kia Bath!!!! I think the switch is about £125.
Was your's fixed?. Cheers

·
Registered
662 Posts
£10 says its the wire pulled out of the motor under the seat thats why its £300 if you have it done make sure the loom is not too tight as this causes the wire to flex on its connector in the motor when you move the seat front to rear to check look under the seat and gentley pull each of the individual wires that go into the motor

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same trouble with my 05 sorento seat,I tore the switch out and the cover off the slide switch and there is two tiny balls and two arms with point type ends for contact,when you work the switch one contact goes down and one goes up , the problem is the arms get bent and dont make contact, I bent the arms some and it works good , evry so often I have to do thius but sure is better than paying for new switch if you do this and need help let me know you think kia would recall for this since it happens to all kias

·
Registered
887 Posts
Non maker recalls for occasional failures.
I can count on my hands the number of seat movement failures I've come across in all the years working on kias.

·
Registered
3 Posts
has anyone had a problem with the drivers side rear lamp blowing all the time and the power outlet in fron t stop working dont get me wrong I love kias thats why we have bought 4 bran new great vehicles but when I asked my local kia about the seat switch they said they have had alot of problems with this

·
Registered
192 Posts
could be a power surge ive saw a lot of them on 406s when i was at puegeot kept blowing headlights when you turn the ignition on while the headlights on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts