Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 04 sedona 3 weeks ago, and at that time the drivers door warning beeper would go off if my door was open and keys were in the ignition, I had a tow bar fitted on monday and ever since then the door beeper goes as soon as you open the door, even if the keys are still in yourhand. Can anyone tell me which is right.....should it go off when the keys are still in your hand?? I'm not convinced but the tow bar installers are trying to tell me it should......Please help

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
The beep is usually to warn you that you have left the keys in the ignition, if you get out, so I imagine what was happening was correct. What you have now seems pointless - what is the beep trying to tell you? Nothing. Might be worth a second opinion from either a Kia garage or an auto-electrician.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rizmo, thanks for the reply, think I will be going back Monday and having words with them. The did try and tell me it's just to warn that the door is open, I may be female but I'm not stupid. Thanks again

·
Registered
437 Posts
Check your rear fog light switch as this can cause the warning buzzer to go off even with the keys in your hand and no lights on

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mr Kia you are a genius :) problem now solved. And I will be letting the installers know for future reference

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mr Kia in my experience you are far more helpful than my local branch of that supermarket could ever be

On a different note I actually purchased my Sedona from your neck of the woods

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ha, amazing. The same thing just happened to our Kia sedona 03. Went out after reading this post, pressed the fog light button and it stopped.

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I've just taken my Kia picanto for its mot and when I got home I opened the drivers door and the light warning chime started I thought at first my lights were on but they weren't then when I thought about it the chimes had sounded when I got in the car at the garage it just hadn't registered at the time anyway I rang the garage and they told me to call in tomorrow and they would have a look I'd been thinking all sorts could be wrong I don't know what made me decide to google it but I'm so glad I did this forum came up I went out and checked and sure enough the fog light had been left on problem solved so even though it's a while since it was originally posted I just want to say thank you I'll sleep tonight not having to worry about my car thanks again
Ellie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts