Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, recently realized the speaker in the drivers door wasn’t working and when opening the door at certain angles it would suddenly start again. When moving the rubber protective tube that goes from the body to door it kicks in and out so I believe this is where the wire is damaged. Does anyone know of an easy what to access this as when I pull back the rubber I can’t get to the wire and my only other idea is to remove the door completely but that sounds extreme. Hope someone can help.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I would remove the Trim to the Right of the Accelerator Pedal.
Looks like a complete Loom in the Door that does Speaker, Lock, Window, etc.

I have had the Door apart on one of these to repair the Window Regulator.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would remove the Trim to the Right of the Accelerator Pedal.
Looks like a complete Loom in the Door that does Speaker, Lock, Window, etc.

I have had the Door apart on one of these to repair the Window Regulator.
Thanks I’ll give that a try and see what I can access. I think I might end up running some new cable through and just bypass the original as it’s in an awkward place to access if there’s no play in the wire to pull through.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Thanks I’ll give that a try and see what I can access. I think I might end up running some new cable through and just bypass the original as it’s in an awkward place to access if there’s no play in the wire to pull through.
That is probably the best solution.
Let us know how you get on please.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is probably the best solution.
Let us know how you get on please.
I will I was planning on replacing the speakers anyway but halfords haven’t released their new stock yet, so I’ll just rewire the original for now

·
Registered
557 Posts
I will I was planning on replacing the speakers anyway but halfords haven’t released their new stock yet, so I’ll just rewire the original for now
Are you replacing the Head Unit?
As I understand, the Factory Speakers are pretty good. A new Head Unit likely to be more effective than new Speakers on the Factory Radio.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you replacing the Head Unit?
As I understand, the Factory Speakers are pretty good. A new Head Unit likely to be more effective than new Speakers on the Factory Radio.
I was planning on replacing the head and speakers and possibly adding 2 6x9s but I might try just the head first and see what they sound like if you say the stock ones are meant to be good quality. Thanks 👍

·
Registered
557 Posts

I replied to your Post 6 Months ago :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts