Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me some advice on how and if it is possible to repair the drivers arm rest in a 2005 sedona le or do I need to buy a new one? Wife leant on it once too often ..... have though about replacing her but that would cost to much lol

·
Registered
422 Posts
Is it flopping about - seems a bit of a common problem - I did my in laws a few years ago - I had to remove/peel the upholstery from the seat and there was a bolt into the armrest through the frame of the seat - pig of a job - might be easier to get rid of the wife
or get her a sling to support that arm
Edited by: alcutler

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it falls down with the slightest pressure. I'm assuming that there is some form of a toothed mechanism that locks the arm in place and that either the teeth on the arm itself or those where it attaches to the side of the seat have broken. So do you think it is more likely that it is the arm itself and replacing that will solve it or the locking mechanism in the seat is broken, if it is the seat I'll be putting the wife through the auctions and relpacing the seat

·
Registered
422 Posts
Its a few years since I did it - If I remember correctly there was a self locking bolt that went through the seat frame and into the arm, that had worked loose, when re tightened it pulled them together and caused the rachet mechanism to work again - I know we had to unclip the upholstery from the bottom of the seat and pull it up to gain access. That was on a 52 Sedona not sure if all seats will be the same

1 - 5 of 5 Posts