Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had an invitation to complete the Driver Power Survey. I can't think of a great deal to complain about, but two things spring to mind:
Inside of windows get really bad condensation in certain weathers and it takes forever to clear if you don't like manually wiping.
And of course the dragging brakes thing. If you have this problem, please make sure you mention it. A few thousand complaints might make KIA take note.
Thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not had the brakes issue but yes condensation is worse than any other car I have owned, I wonder why. Agree about the DRL’s and the handbrake. I also get the clutch judder from cold first thing in the morning but apart from those slight niggles I have to say I still absolutely love the car and would score it high in any survey.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not had the brakes issue but yes condensation is worse than any other car I have owned, I wonder why. Agree about the DRL’s and the handbrake. I also get the clutch judder from cold first thing in the morning but apart from those slight niggles I have to say I still absolutely love the car and would score it high in any survey.
Only just in reverse?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot about the clutch judder when cold Andy. It is annoying. Does the car have a dual-mass flywheel?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don’t know sorry (not technical) but I back onto the drive so go out forwards up hill so I don’t know if it would happen for me in reverse. It’s intermittent and only ever seems to happen on the first drive of the day but also worse on cold and damp mornings I think.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tend not to reverse first thing, only when I get home and have to go backwards up a small incline. I can't say I've noticed it then, but of course the car is warm by then anyway. I certainly notice it when pulling out onto the main road at the top of the hill when the engine is cold, it does it almost every time at that point.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't have the condensation or the brake drag, but I do also have the clutch judder from cold.(driving forwards) Annoying, but only happens for the first couple of take-offs in a morning, then its fine. Definitely worse when it's cold weather.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I just replied on another thread about the condensation issue. Our "2" doesn't suffer from that at all & I use it everyday usually starting early in a morning (ours is just manual aircon'). I wonder are all the cars having this issue ones with climate control (automatic type) air conditioning?
I mentioned checking the de-fog logic which I believe the climate control system has.
Might be worth a look.
Let me know, hope that helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine GT Line S used to mist up quite badly. I have a feeling the excess moisture is left in the HVAC pipes and interior of the car and when the temperature drops you get bad condensation the next morning. I've been trying different ways to resolve.

1) I run the AC on manual mode and high speed for last few minutes of a drive on screen and footwell settings.

2) I do the same as above but put the AC on to LOW temp and max fans to cool air down in car and less likely to keep moisture in as it should remove moisture out of the air before parking up. Then I change car back to auto and correct temperature just as I switch the engine off.

I think method 2 seems to work better, but I've not been using my car as much to really compare.

Have a go and see what you guys with condensation issues can find out. See how you get on and let us know if anything works for you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just replied on another thread about the condensation issue. Our "2" doesn't suffer from that at all & I use it everyday usually starting early in a morning (ours is just manual aircon'). I wonder are all the cars having this issue ones with climate control (automatic type) air conditioning?
I mentioned checking the de-fog logic which I believe the climate control system has.
Might be worth a look.
Let me know, hope that helps.
No probs with my P2 either a tiny fraction compared to my old Mitsubishi which had loads & led to its sad demise

·
Registered
566 Posts
No probs with my P2 either a tiny fraction compared to my old Mitsubishi which had loads & led to its sad demise
Yep, I do think it might just be an issue with the Climate Control equipped cars, rather than those with the manual aircon set up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I do think it might just be an issue with the Climate Control equipped cars
I have a Picanto 3 with Climate Control and I do not suffer with condensation. I have it set to Auto and the required temperature (25 in my case), the fan goes like mad for the first 10 minutes and then slows down.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mine GT Line S used to mist up quite badly. I have a feeling the excess moisture is left in the HVAC pipes and interior of the car and when the temperature drops you get bad condensation the next morning. I've been trying different ways to resolve.

1) I run the AC on manual mode and high speed for last few minutes of a drive on screen and footwell settings.

2) I do the same as above but put the AC on to LOW temp and max fans to cool air down in car and less likely to keep moisture in as it should remove moisture out of the air before parking up. Then I change car back to auto and correct temperature just as I switch the engine off.

I think method 2 seems to work better, but I've not been using my car as much to really compare.

Have a go and see what you guys with condensation issues can find out. See how you get on and let us know if anything works for you.
This cold and rainy weather is just right for testing these cures. Since I started opening the driver's window a crack for the last mile home, the problem seems to have gone away. I dare say your AC trick might do the same. I'll give it a whirl.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts