Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Sportage Gt Line S Diesel,for the first three years when I topped the fuel up to the tank brim it showed me 487-491 miles range.Three days ago I filled up and it showed 405 mile range, I drove 50 miles, went to the settings and selected return to factory settings filled the tank up and it showed 350 mile range and started reducing from that setting. The fuel gauge shows full.
Any body have any ideas, many thanks,
Oldie

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what is the average consumption, mpg showing? and what is the tank's volume?
Hello the engine Is the 1995cc Diesel Auto, fuel consumption is not very good compared to VW TDI’s that I have had before. Driving locally the cluster says about 29 mpg. On motorways if I can use the cruise control I get about 37 mpg. The tank capacity is 62 litre and if I have used the calculator correctly it’s 13.7 gallons. This all started suddenly I have checked for fuel leaks with thankfully negative result. I’m told that the range indicator is very inaccurate but as it started suddenly I wondered if the computer may be at fault.
many thanks,
oldie.

·
Super Moderator
9,401 Posts
I have a 2018 Sportage Gt Line S Diesel,for the first three years when I topped the fuel up to the tank brim it showed me 487-491 miles range.Three days ago I filled up and it showed 405 mile range, I drove 50 miles, went to the settings and selected return to factory settings filled the tank up and it showed 350 mile range and started reducing from that setting. The fuel gauge shows full.
Any body have any ideas, many thanks,
Oldie
You reset it back to factory settings, thus it has no history to base range on.
Colder weather & shorter trips = less MPG. So overall miles left (guess-o-meter) is basing it on history.

Just wait till you get a EV.... 🤪

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You reset it back to factory settings, thus it has no history to base range on.
Colder weather & shorter trips = less MPG. So overall miles left (guess-o-meter) is basing it on history.

Just wait till you get a EV.... 🤪
OK never thought of that. Thanks for the information
oldie

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
You really need to record your mileage and fuel use fill to fill method. My 2.0 gets 35 mpg overall average, slightly smaller tank at 58 litres (because of Adblue), so I can get roughly 455 miles on a tank (except when we have the caravan in tow).
The miles to empty reading is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You really need to record your mileage and fuel use fill to fill method. My 2.0 gets 35 mpg overall average, slightly smaller tank at 58 litres (because of Adblue), so I can get roughly 455 miles on a tank (except when we have the caravan in tow).
The miles to empty reading is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.
I think your reference to “ chocolate fireguard” appears to be the opinion of most people I will start using the mileometer more often.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts