Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 70 plate Sportage MHEV. Almost everything works as it should

However, the Drive Information is sending me crazy. Within the Settings Menu there are 3 options for Resetting it;

Off
After Ignition
After Refuel

No matter which setting I choose it defaults to After Ignition.

Off would be acceptable if I could Reset manually. After Refuel would be my preferred option, but oh no.

I have reset it manually, and I have tried it in all 3 positions with the same outcome every time.

I don't think I've done anything wrong, but any suggestions would be welcome. Alternatively the dealer can have a look when it goes in for its first service in a few months, not worth taking in before that.

Trip Computer B (Accumulated Information) works as normal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,649 Posts
Mine is similar,although I am sure it is cumulative if your trips close together, by that I mean if we run to the supermarket, do the shop and then return home, it counts both trips as one. Leave it for a longer interval an it resets. Also Kia don't use the term Trip on the display, they are now Accumulated Info and Drive Info
I think the setting you keep changing is for the fuel economy reading.

·
Super Moderator
1,649 Posts
Driver Handbook, Section 4 page 82 for Accumulated and Drive Info and Section 4 page 80 for the Fuel Economy. It is all explained... :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
B is definitely accumulative, and work as I would want it to, i.e. not resetting, last reset was over 7,000 miles ago

A is, as you say, Drive Information, and according to the Manual will reset after 4 hours of inactivity.

The two other settings, according to the Manual, are Off (i.e. does not reset unless unless done manually) and Reset After \Fuelling, after it detects more than 6 litres of fuel has been put in the car. It makes no difference whether I select Off or Reset after Refuelling, it resets after 4 hours of inactivity no matter which setting has been selected.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Driver Handbook, Section 4 page 82 for Accumulated and Drive Info and Section 4 page 80 for the Fuel Economy. It is all explained... :)
Section 4 Page 81 shows the methods for auto resetting the average fuel economy. I would like it to reset automatically after each refuel, but selecting that option in the menu makes no difference, it still resets after 4 hours of doing nothing.

·
Super Moderator
1,649 Posts
Alan, I agree but that is for the Fuel Economy meter, not the trip meters.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All I know is that Section 4 page 79 calls it Trip Modes (Trip Computer). I don't really care what it is called but it records Mileage, Fuel Economy, and the number of hours driven, since the last reset. All I want to do is stop it resetting after 4 hours of inactivity. That should be possible but doesn't work.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I haven't solved the problem, but I might have solved the confusion. Maybe the hybrid has a different display as the Manual makes no reference to mileage or time, just fuel economy, but....

·
Super Moderator
1,649 Posts
Look on page 80, an image of the economy meter is there, page 81 is referring to that. Page 82 is for the two Accumulated Info/Drive Info displays. And my car show the same information displays.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Look on page 80, an image of the economy meter is there, page 81 is referring to that. Page 82 is for the two Accumulated Info/Drive Info displays. And my car show the same information displays.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
We don't have to agree to disagree . It seems that I have completely misread/misunderstood the instructions in the Manual, and I have been looking in the wrong place for the info I wanted.

Thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts