Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've successfully upgraded my GT-Line to have Cruise, and believe that every model is potentially capable.

IMG_20200924_192904.jpg

There are three possible buttons available, the one you can buy on eBay isn't suitable for all models - only for those without the supervision monochrome display. Here's the eBay one;

IMG_20200924_194333.jpg

As you can see, it lacks a flicky button for navigating the menus on the higher level display.

There's another version of this with different buttons, but it's essentially the same.

I believe all vehicles have the cable in the steering wheel, and the switch pack is about £16 off chinabay!

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Did you need to do anything more than fit the appropriate buttons pad to the wheel?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, it's plug and play mate. Search on AliExpress - they are listed with the Rio in the title, but the steering wheel appears to be shared between the models.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aye, silly how they muck with the spec. I'd gladly have paid extra from the dealer for it too, but it's not offered.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an update to say I've done this now to a 69 plate "1" spec Picanto, and cruise works fine on there without any programming :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Will need to be a base model Rio as Sport and GT Line have LKA!
Hi,
I have a Sept 2020 1.25 GT Line and it doesn't have LKA.
Cyberprog, Im assuming I have the same model as yourself - do you have a link to the part you purchased?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi,
I have a Sept 2020 1.25 GT Line and it doesn't have LKA.
Cyberprog, Im assuming I have the same model as yourself - do you have a link to the part you purchased?
I found mine on AliExpress - the guy selling them on eBay is selling the wrong buttons for a vehicle with the higher spec LCD.

£3.78 23%OFF | Steering Wheel Button For KIA K2 RIO 2017 2018 2019 RIO X LINE Buttons Bluetooth Phone Cruise Control Volume . US $4.8 23% OFF|Steering Wheel Button For KIA K2 RIO 2017 2018 2019 RIO X LINE Buttons Bluetooth Phone Cruise Control Volume .|Car Switches & Relays| - AliExpress

You need a "Model B" switch, or you lose the trip computer functions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Many thanks for the prompt reply.
I just thought - as well as cruise control, if you press the "Mode" button, does it change from cruise to speed limiter, like the Honda's ? Buttons and panel layout look very very similar.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine certainly does, but I don't think the lower models do. I'll have to ask the guy I put the other switch on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts