Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everybody. I have become a member because I have become the owner of a 2006 Kia Picanto S. It only has 36000 miles on the clock so I really want to try and care for it. Trouble is the engine management light is on. My brother in law checked and told me it was a P0340 code, the camshaft sensor. I want to try and do my own work, but for starters I do not know where it is positioned so I might replace it. Can anyone tell me where the camshaft sensor is? Or should I buy a Haynes manual? I am worried I am doing serious damage whilst driving the car with that light on. I hope someone will have some wise words for me. Thanks, diswinn46

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
What engine is in your car..? and what year is it..in the meanwhile this might help..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you phil in wales. Wonderful that someone has replied, just great. My engine is a 998 I think, so 1000 really. Tonight i have been on line trying to find a manual for my picanto, but not sure of downloads. I don't want to lose the few pounds I have. Anyway, thanks phil. I don't want to keep asking my clever brother in law for help.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Thank you phil in wales. Wonderful that someone has replied, just great. My engine is a 998 I think, so 1000 really. Tonight i have been on line trying to find a manual for my picanto, but not sure of downloads. I don't want to lose the few pounds I have. Anyway, thanks phil. I don't want to keep asking my clever brother in law for help.
There are a number of them on ebay if you use that site.. you didnt say what year your car is.. and if your engine is a 4 pot it looks like item 19 in this diagram is the cam sensor

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are a number of them on ebay if you use that site.. you didnt say what year your car is.. and if your engine is a 4 pot it looks like item 19 in this diagram is the cam sensor

Thank you so much, I think the diagram was from engaged. So I will take a look today and let you lovely people know. steve (diswinn46)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you so much, I think the diagram was from engaged. So I will take a look today and let you lovely people know. steve (diswinn46)
I'm not sure who the diagram was from. My predictive txt gets in the way of certain names, but thanx again to those who have been kind enough to answer. steve (diswinn46)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What engine is in your car..? and what year is it..in the meanwhile this might help..

thanks phil, i just read that other thread. it has helped. steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.