Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, please can someone help ive just become an owner of a sedona se 2002 if i dont use the car for 12 hours the battery goes flat everything thing else works on car it just not got enough power to start, if i take off the battery and charge for about 1/2 to 1hour it starts first time can anyone give me a clue on what to look for is this normal thank u trace x

·
Registered
39 Posts
DVD or Video arnt left on standby or something like that is it?
Could even be a cell down on the battery, If I was you I would get the battery tested.

Edited by: rich5

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Get the battery tested as there could be a few dead cells. If battery ok then there could be a drain on it. Something in the electrical system is drawing a current from the battery when the car is not used.
Once you have found out if the battery is good connect an ammeter between the battery post and the lead clamp. Make sure the ammeter is at least a 30amp one. Have everything switched off and see if there is a current draw on the ammeter. If there is you will have to test each live circuit on the car.
A possible cause could be a fault in the radio as this was noted I think on the Ceed model.
All the best

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have actually put a bigger battery on the car so gonna see how that goes as i had a 70ah battery on my sedona se auto diesel apparently everywhere says it needs at least a 80ah , i now have a 95ah on just hope this solves the problem thank u x

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi just a bit of a long shot I had this problem with my 2000 Sedona 2.9TDI it turned out my electric aerial needed oiling and was stuck up about 3 inch what happens is the motor randomly keeps trying send the aerial down all the way but with the aerial being stuck it just drains the battery.
It may not be the same problem but worth mentioning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts