Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a newbie, so hope I do this right, I have a Kia Rio Strike Dieselregistered in 2009 (59 reg plate) can anyone tell me do I have a Diesel Particulate filter on this model, we have been getting an odd smell in the car when first started up and for a good while after, it is obviously stronger when we have the demister on........ help if possible only had the car 5 weeks there is nothing in the handbook that says we have a DPF

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I woudn't think so especially as there is no info in book about it. I think it was 2010 and later they started fitting them to some models of Kia and the wonderful 1.5 CRDI engine escaped it.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hi Jaydenb. When did you last check the cabin air filter? It's behind the glove box and easy to check. If it's not changed regularly it can get filled up with crap and then the bugs start eating the crap and make a bad smell. When you put the aircon on it should be most noticeable. On the Rio, the aircon comes on automatically at start, so could cause your problem. If you replace the filter, don't buy a Kia one, they are a rip off!! £23.50. I got mine from ebay for about a third of the price and it's better quality.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree with checking the cabin filter, and to also get the replacements from ebay, there are a number of people who sell official ones much cheaper than the dealer and its relatively easy to change this yourself. Careful when taking out the glovebox bumpers though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts