Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys hope everyone is well.

My 1.6L TCI-U2 CRDi ceed with 79k miles on the clock has recently fallen victim to the amber engine management light. I took it to my local garage who plugged in their code reader and found the fault - P24C600 - Particle Matter Sensor Temperature Circuit. They cleared the code, took the car for an extensive drive in which the fault code did not reappear. However the next day as I was driving it popped up again. The car has a full Kia service history so popped down to my local service center to be told that DPF's are not covered under warranty and that it would cost £130 per hour for someone to look at the car. I asked what if it is just a faulty sensor that needs replacing would this be covered - I was told that they couldn't tell me this as they would need to look first and they were fully booked up for 3 weeks. I basically felt pretty much fobbed off by the guy that I spoke to.
The car still drives absolutely fine - I do over 20k miles a year mostly motorway miles and drive the car hard on occasions so I would find it hard to believe that the DPF is clogged up. The issue i have is that the cars MOT is due at the end of the month and it will fail if the light is still showing on the dash which has me slightly worried. The local garage that scanned the code suggested that the DPF be cleaned in situ and then carry out a forced regen. I am going to find a local company who specialize in DPF's and get their opinion.
Has anyone else had similar issues as described?

I will keep you guys updated and let you know if i get the issue sorted.
cheers,
Sam

·
Registered
73 Posts
The code specifically mentions the temperature circuit in the particulate matter soot sensor. With the code cleared, you could try disconnecting the sensor to see if it comes on immediately. You’ll probably get other codes as well. I would not write off the dpf filter yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys hope everyone is well.

My 1.6L TCI-U2 CRDi ceed with 79k miles on the clock has recently fallen victim to the amber engine management light. I took it to my local garage who plugged in their code reader and found the fault - P24C600 - Particle Matter Sensor Temperature Circuit. They cleared the code, took the car for an extensive drive in which the fault code did not reappear. However the next day as I was driving it popped up again. The car has a full Kia service history so popped down to my local service center to be told that DPF's are not covered under warranty and that it would cost £130 per hour for someone to look at the car. I asked what if it is just a faulty sensor that needs replacing would this be covered - I was told that they couldn't tell me this as they would need to look first and they were fully booked up for 3 weeks. I basically felt pretty much fobbed off by the guy that I spoke to.
The car still drives absolutely fine - I do over 20k miles a year mostly motorway miles and drive the car hard on occasions so I would find it hard to believe that the DPF is clogged up. The issue i have is that the cars MOT is due at the end of the month and it will fail if the light is still showing on the dash which has me slightly worried. The local garage that scanned the code suggested that the DPF be cleaned in situ and then carry out a forced regen. I am going to find a local company who specialize in DPF's and get their opinion.
Has anyone else had similar issues as described?

I will keep you guys updated and let you know if i get the issue sorted.
cheers,
Sam
Strange that...I've a '17 plate Ceed SW estate, last year the EMS warning light came on. Fault was clogged DPF and lamda sensor. The DPF had a forced regen. Work done under warranty. This week the EMS is on again, apparently a faulty 'Knock Sensor'. This is being looked at under warranty too. The pain is that they have no idea when a new sensor can be had and deem that it's unwise to drive the car as any escalated fault caused by being driven would invalidate the warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have exact the same problem with my Kia Rio 2016. Last year the engine light came on for me too and the garage told me that the dpf filter was blocked and they had to do a force regen. After I got the car back engine light came back on and I brought it back to the garage and they told me the actual sensor is broken. Luckly they replaced that under warranty.
Fast forward to last month engine light is on again and I had to use a different garage because everybody is booked. Same story again they done a force regen cause according to the Kia garage DPF filter was blocked 86% and a week later engine light is back on, went back to the garage told them that the same thing happened last year but they are convinced nothing is wrong with the sensor this time and I had to book the car back in with the garage for the end of this month and they will check all the cables for a fault. They never told me to stop driving the car but.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bit of a puzzler indeed, I know that when I queried whether driving the car with a fault indication - possibly resulting in further damage - I didn't get a 100% yes or no, just left with the implication that I'd be liable. Now without a car until sensor arrives and fitted (supply + brexit probs). Kind of dents your faith in Kia brand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I had the DPF cleaned and a forced regen but the engineer said that the DPF was not in a bad state. He said that he felt the actual problem is the DPF pressure sensor and to get that replaced. Don’t suppose anyone would know a part number for this?? I drove the car about 100miles after the DPF clean and regen before the EMS light came on again. Will try to source this part and get it fitted and let you guys know the results…

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a plate Carens CRDI with this problem

My dealer told me that the temp sensors in the DPF / Exhaust were seriously under reading, and that replacing them would carry the risk of writing off the DPF if it went wrong.

As we dont do the mileage to justify a diesel and petrol Carens's are very rare I now have a Ceed

·
Registered
22 Posts
We've got an i800 had DPF changed twice under warranty (once was a "service campaign") juat out of warranty and amber light came on and was found to be a nox sensor paid around 250 when part could be found for around 60 at a local parts garage. But if its under warranty would expect it is all covered. Maybe try another dealer?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts