Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently tried to down size the wheels on the Sport to get a slightly better ride and change to all season tyres. Kia's own website and UK support line confirm they sell 16" wheels for the the Sport, I gave them my registration. After some research I decide to try aftermarket 16" wheels but unfortunately they do not clear the front brakes. I tried other brands in a wheel outlet store but without any success.

Anyone else already know this or had similar experience?

I am in the process of getting some 17" wheels and tyres hopefully by the end of this week.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've watched many of his videos but first time for that one, thank you for posting it. I certainly choose a specific brand of tyres for a reducing NVH. So hopefully with reducing wheel size and specific brand I'll get a more comfy ride :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Surprised to find that kia supply a 16 in wheel for the sport when only an 18 in was specified in the brochure,I also had the mk1 Kia Soul shaker which I think had 16 in wheels at that was a pretty hard ride and I find the sport suspension to be a great improvement for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just fitted today and very happy with them. They look much better than I'd hoped. Here are a couple of pictures (sorry about the dirty car). I haven't had a chance to drive it more then 5mins but can immediately feel a more complaint ride with bumps being less sharp. The steering wheel feedback is slightly duller but that really does not matter, this is not a sports car by any means.

Information for others that might search this, wheels are Enkei GW8 size 17x7, ET42, PCD 5x114.3 Black. Centre bore is 67mm so I did need hub/spigot rings for fitting and tuner bolts may be required depending on what wheels you choose. As the tyres are still on the old 18 inch wheels, I decided to get 4 new TPMS fitted. These are expensive Kia charge around £67 each so shop around. Tyres will make a difference to my comments about ride, they are Goodyear Vector 4Season Gen2 215/55.
20200313_142810.jpg

20200313_144935.jpg

·
Registered
489 Posts
Have you let your insurance company know you have changed them. They do class changing wheels as a modification. If you had an accident there could be problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts