Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have been reading withinterestall the problems we Venga owners are having and the various solutions. I was just wondering if any other owner has hadreoccurringdoor lock problems.My 10 plate 1.4 eco 2 model has had THREE front passenger door actuators since new and I have now booked the car into my local dealer to have a possible Forth unit fitted- the door cannot be opened from the inside.
Apart from the other problems that most of the Venga's suffer from, the other rather annoying fault is noisy tailgate that "creaks" when opened. I have tried lubricating with asiliconspray but this makes no difference.
Any feedback or solution to either problem would be most welcome.
Cheers Micky B

·
Registered
437 Posts
Seems very strange you have had 3 latches already but still get same problem. Maybe dealer had not changed them at all. Get them to also check the under door handle as sometimes where the cable clips on breaks and causes same problem. Ref tailgate creak... Is the noise coming from the struts. If so get the dealer to change them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for the reply. I was told that the actuators were replaced but I only saw one of the three that had been replaced so who knows what work was carried out in the workshop.The inside door handle does indeed feel as though something has become disconnected or broken so this time it may be acompletelydifferent fault to the actuators. Either way I have a car that needs to be repaired yet again -Completelyunacceptable for a car only two years old.
The creaking tailgate sound seems to becomingfrom the hinges but it may well be the struts. I have given the hinges another dose of oil to see if this makes difference if not its another issue the dealer has to sort out(or not!).

·
Registered
660 Posts
My struts were creaking,they are now losing the abailty to lift the tailgate.Car registered on 23/12/11 and currently has 2000miles on it.

James.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
James try lubing the struts at the pins/ball sockets on gate and body. I had commented in your other post about the struts oil viscoity being heavier in cold climate before I saw this post. It maybe the ball sockets are dry and need some white grease.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I will do thanks,the groaning that sometimes happens is coming from the struts themselves,its a dry sound, i ll get the WD on to them.
Cheers,james.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just had my car back after 4 days at the dealer trying to sort the door lock problem out. It seems the problems was something to do with thealignment of the latch. They had to strip the door down and compare it with another door from a Venga with no problems. Photos were taken and sent to Kiatechnical forassessment so another potential fault (and remedy) has been flagged up with Kia.The rear tailgate creaking seems to have been sorted by lubricating the struts in some way. Also had the latest update to enginemanagementcomputer installed- didn't notice any difference on the drive home though.
I was given a Cee'd as a loan car on one day and what a difference. The 1.6 diesel was smooth ,quite and pulled like a tank making overtaking a dream. Why Kia stuck the 1.4 diesel into the Venga I have no idea. I.M.H.O. the Venga's good design is badly let down by thechoiceof engine and build issues.
If its any use to other owners my car is a 10 plate Venga 2 with only 27000 on the clock.
Happy motoring everyone!

·
Registered
660 Posts
I know what you mean,and not only have they given the venga the 1.6 but also 115bhp instead of 89. yahoo!
She flies along nicely,and smoothly!
James.

·
Registered
660 Posts
ive seen the boxes for sale,perhaps once the warranty has expired,if there is anything left by then!
I have a photo of when they were building the bridge and the 2 bits werent joined up yet,proper smokey and the bandit stuff! yeeee haaaaaaa.

Cheers
JAmes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was interested to find this post about the doorlocks. My car has just gone in today to have the door behind the drivers latch replaced. It's less than a year old and first came up with this problem about a month ago. After I called the garage it worked for a few days but for the last two weeks it wouldn't open from the inside or outside.

The garage called a few minutes ago to say the door opens fine. I had noticed prior to this a lot of water on the inside ledges near the lock. Would that be a contributing factor to the door problem? I had a similar problem with a Nissan Micra only on that occasion the door wouldn't shut - this time the door won't open.

I just hope the replacement works.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi I had the same noise when opening the tailgate, If you rub a little petroleum jelly on the inner rod of the gas strut this should do the trick well it fixed mine

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all,I've just booked my Venga 2 1.4 petrol,in at the dealers for the same passenger door problem,(can't open from the inside).
I have had the car for approx 2.5 years and this will be the sixth time in for petty repairs under warranty,I wonder how many that will rise to by the end of the seven year warranty,(if I still have the car)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts