Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a one year old Cee'd ZR7 and occasionaly when I stop, switch off and remove the key, the doors lock. The door handles don't release and I have to press the key button to unlock the doors.
I reported this at the recent first service, at a Kia Dealer,but they said that they could not find anything wrong. and suggested that maybe I accidently press the unlock key button when removing the key.....but I don't, I make sure of that

Anyone got any ideas ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've never noticed that problem but the whole door locking thing can be a bit of a nuisance. When I give somebody a lift they always try to get out of the car but can't, if I pull over with the engine still running, then I press the unlock button once which makes it flash and the door STILL won't open, during which time they heard the click and try again, I then have to press the button AGAIN just to unlock the door. And that assumes they aren't pulling on the door handle, which they normally are.
I don't know why KIA made it "locked from both sides" rather than openable from the inside. It's a very odd system.

·
Registered
57 Posts
ED209 said:
I've never noticed that problem but the whole door locking thing can be a bit of a nuisance. When I give somebody a lift they always try to get out of the car but can't, if I pull over with the engine still running, then I press the unlock button once which makes it flash and the door STILL won't open, during which time they heard the click and try again, I then have to press the button AGAIN just to unlock the door. And that assumes they aren't pulling on the door handle, which they normally are.
I don't know why KIA made it "locked from both sides" rather than openable from the inside. It's a very odd system.

The locked from inside will be deadlocking. This stops nasties from smashing a window, getting in and knicking the car.
My Ceed doesn't appear to have the locking thing although there is a button on the dash that will lock all the doors to prevent jackers from opening them or as has happened to me, some joe public who should have gone to specsavers, from thinking the Phantom Black paintjob means it's a bloody taxi!

·
Registered
887 Posts
It doesn't dead lock with the anti-jack system, you just need to pull handle twice to open from inside with engine running.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Yep when I had the ceed my passengers used to tug like mad on the door handles to open the door and I always had to tell em to tug it twice, eh the door handle that is

1 - 5 of 5 Posts