Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I own a 06 se+ Sedona and was wondering if it is normal for the doors to lock automatically after about 30 secsafter you have opened the boot. Or is there a way of changing the lock settings?

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I will have to make sure I dont leave the keys inside

·
Registered
192 Posts
hi it wont lock with the keys in the ignition as it senses the keys in it but if you take it out then it will lock cheers john.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i left car running once got out to do something then i had to get something of passenger seat opened that door closed it again for 2/3 minutes went to open drivers door and car was locked with engine running , had to walk 1 mile to get spare keys

·
Registered
28 Posts
The designer that came up with the 30 second delay feature obviously was not married... How many guys have unlocked their sedona and after putting something in the boot , drop the tailgate to see his wife trying to pull the handle off the locked passenger door giving you that "why did I marry such an idiot look".....( we all know if she had got straight in the car instead of checking out next doors new curtains the 30 second delay would not be an issue) Not a very pc comment will I be going to jail......

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Dave hope she got the right treatment?

Returning to the lock problem, shame we have to have systems that lock up our property if we do not use it after 30 seconds.
May have to get into the habit of leaving the drivers window open when I stop, as I might have to think why Ihave stopped?

Bob.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
What is causing the Sedona to lock after 30sec or so is it a control unit that does this. If so then can it be programmed not to do this. When I had the Ceed the doors locked as soon as you moved off and I was told this can be reprogammed by Kia so it does not do this. I also had a transit van which did this and Ford called this Anti hijacking locking but they stuck it on their computer and switched it off. Very annoying if you do multi drop deliveries.
Oh aye the wife, she got what the doctor ordered.

·
Registered
192 Posts
hi davy my ssangyong musso locks the car when i reach 30 mph but it has a switch to open them again when you stop. cheers john.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts