Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Father in law has a problem with his 52 Sedona. When he unlocks the car withthe remote fob and opens the rear tailgate the car is still locking itself after30 seconds even with the door fully open. The system does not seem to sense that the door is open - anyone any idea where the tailgate open / close sensor is located - I think it is in the tailgate doorcatch but not certain - any help appreciated, Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, this is the way they are. I went back to my dealer with this same problem and was told it is normal. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Mine will do it if I open it with the fob, but if I open in from the inside uing the lock/unlock knob on the inside it will remain open all day i.e if the window is open with the door locked and I reach inside to unlock it. Have to take the spare key/fob when at the MOT station or the tyre place just incase

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies Guys - I have a later model Sedona (new shape) if I unlock the car with the fob it will lock itself after 30 mins if none of the doors are opened in that time - including the tailgate - should'nt it be the same on pre 2006 models? Unfortunatley F in L cant find handbook to see what that says - is there anyway of disabling the self locking facility ie removing a fuse or relay - its a bit of a pain in the a*** to be honest

1 - 4 of 4 Posts