Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI the car locks on the fob ok but will not unlock only with the key that opens the dvr door is this a common fault thou probable age-related 2005 Kia Sorento CRDI XE (changed the battery on both key fobs) can anyone point me in the right direction ( thinking the door Actuator ?) 馃槒

Registered
Look for broken wires passing through the rubber gaiter from door to pillar drivers side. If OK remove door panel and check wires on master switch on door lock for corrosion.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your pointers all seem ok i have changed the door lock actuator but still have the same problem doors lock on the fob but will not unlock both rear doors will not open (child lock not on )from the outside and inside Pete probably an very expensive job tacking it to the Kia garage :(

Registered
'05 Sorento xse auto
It is a known fact that has been reported on the forum before that the wiring connectors are not the best, I had a broken wire supplying the number plate lights on mine...so Birdman is right, it is difficult to isolate this sort of fault but is most likely a broken wire or poor connection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.