Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
54 Sedona 46000.00 MLS, charged low battery up now central locking,electric windows and bleep when drivers door open not working key only works the door it is locking, remotesets alarm and all other electrics are ok fault not handles, switches or remote batteries everything worked before charging battery. Main Kia dealer no idea had it a week no result ive no confidence in them HELP

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi just to be sure did you check all the fuses including the "shunt fuse"??
Have you tried disconnecting the battery, then turning on lights and other stuff.... This will ensure no residual voltage is left in any of the control modules. Leave the battery off for 10 mins.... Then reconnect. If it still doesn't work then you will need to do some electrical diags.... Had a similar issue on a seat Leon turned out to be bad connection on the fuse box........ Took ages to find and seconds to fix, as always.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
anjy834u said:
to me it looks like the fault of fuses and relays. u might need to get them changed.

what all of them? come on, give the guy a fighting chance and at least elaborate a bit!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
pkrboo said:
anjy834u said:
to me it looks like the fault of fuses and relays. u might need to get them changed.

what all of them? come on, give the guy a fighting chance and at least elaborate a bit!!
Look through the archives on this and the other forun, there are lots of issues like this when a battery has gone flat

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi
Check the "ecu-etacs" part number 53d67720 sits behind the centre cup holder, i have seen this before but it isnt cheap, about£400............

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers for all your suggestions fault found ECU unit dont know how much its going to cost me i have that surprise to look forward to

·
Registered
702 Posts
peter j said:
cheers for all your suggestions fault found ECU unit dont know how much its going to cost me i have that surprise to look forward to
If you want a second hand one you could try sedona Gary near Wellingbrough. He sells and breaks Sedona's, his details are on EBay but if you want them send me a pm and I'll send them to you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm about to go on to my 8th ECU ETACS on my 2004 Sedona. Tried everything and it's been into the dealers who had it apart but could only recommend a new ECU, which promptly let go when they removed the battery to remove the cam-belt! Mant sedonas have had this problem so you're not alone. I've written to Kia many times but, if they know what causes it to fail, they're not letting on. I know they've modified the part in the last couple of years and a new one will cost you "225 less £100 for the exchange unit, unually high figure that IMHO. Secondhand £40 - £120 so the breakers yard know about them! Problem is it will, in my experience, only go again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts