Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not for the first time, I have a car which forces me onto large alloy wheels and hard, low-profile tyres. I love my nearly-new Soul 2 diesel auto, but feel the ride is hard and "nobbly". Kia tell me that the 15" steel wheels and 65 section tyres used on the base model Soul1 will interchange with the 16" alloys and 55 section tyres on the Soul 2. Why do I hate big alloys and thin tyres? Wheels are difficult to clean, are attacked by salt, and I do not appreciate the look of them - against the flow, I know - but it's my car! Thicker section tyres give a more compliant ride - ask the tyre makers - and are cheaper to replace. My tyres have covered under 4000 miles with the previous owner, so I could be interested to hear from a Soul 1 owner with similar mileage, who would like a set of 16" alloys, to do a swap. Has anyone else out there made a wheel change, and if so, did it make the difference I hope it might?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
you wanna try the 18 inchers....then yours would feel like a magic carpet!!!. The Soul dosent ride brilliantly at the best of times and its down to unsprung weight of the wheel. Compare the weight of a tyred 16 alloy against a tyred 15 steel and if there is little difference, you will not notice a significant improvement...half an inch of extra rubber in the sidewall wont do much..... go from an 18incher and you would feel a difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts