Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, like the title says, Does the nav unit support android auto and apple car play? It should support it because it's recent enough but the feature lacks from the nav unit. It's a 2016 Kia Sportage (new version)

Here is the software version (must be ancient by now)

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
2,065 Posts
EUR.12. is 2020 maps which suggests the maps and software has been updated recently. If you plug your phone into the USB using the correct cable and Android Auto/Apple Carplay doesn't start you probably haven't got it. However check the settings menu's, some models you had to enable the option. If none of those work you can't add either Android Auto or Apple Carplay by updating the software.
I think you may be in the Netherlands and I don't know how updates are provided, in the U.K. updates are done by the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same in the Netherlands, i can't find a option to enable android auto and I tried both AAuto and Apple carplay and it didn't work. Tried to update it manually but it wasn't compatible. Really a bummer if it doesn't support it because i have seen older cars with it working.

·
Registered
2017 GT Line S 1.6 Petrol AWD
80 Posts
There was a post on here the other day. Android auto from early 17.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts