Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I have looked into the ombudsman, it does not appear to be very straight forward, but looks like the route I will have to take, if this does not get sorted soon.

I can safely say it is not down to the DCT as, when it is running as it should, it works fine. There is no delay when accelerating from low speeds, even if it is in a higher gear than expected. Also, when it is not running as it should, which appears to be more often now, it can hesitate, be completely unresponsive or even shudder when I try to accelerate. I am only talking about a slight acceleration, not trying to go fast quickly. It also does it from stationary, i.e. pulling out from junctions, when it is in 1st gear, which is one of my biggest worries.

KCS, who appear to be just call centre staff sitting at a computer quoting what they have to say, and not listening or caring what the issue is, will only listen to what the dealer tells them, I have asked them if I can take it to a proper independent mechanic, but they said no.
I have started to notice this occasionally too. Looong pause between 1st and 2nd. Doesn't happen reliably but it does happen. Never had the juddering though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just to update everyone.
My vehicle went back to the dealers about two weeks ago, to look at the possibility of doing a software update, suggested by Kia customer services, although the update they had informed the dealership of, was not applicable to my vehicle, you would think Kia would know this.
However, the dealer said there was a new engine management software update, so they applied that, which does appear to have improved the issue.
I will let you know if things change

·
Registered
716 Posts
However, the dealer said there was a new engine management software update, so they applied that, which does appear to have improved the issue.
When we had the Ceed CRDi it went in for a service and when we collected it we were told they had updated the engine software. Asked what the update was for and they had no idea, asked me to let them know if there was any difference.

The difference was huge and instantly noticeable. From new the Ceed was unhappy at 50 mph in 6th on a level road and at 40 mph in 5th on a level road. Our previous car (Focus) was quite happy doing this but it did have a DMF and I put it down to that, in truth it was not an issue, just use a lower gear.

After the update it drove just like the Focus had and did not need a DMF to do it.

I did wonder how many dealers did actually apply the update leaving owners with a good car that should have been better.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts