Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Does anyone know the contact details, ideally email address, of someone at KIA who actually care about, and can actually do something about, customers who have a faulty vehicle?

I have no confidence or trust in the dealer or KIA, but KIA appear to be completely reliant on them, taking their word over mine and not able to suggest any solution, but, I am sure they should still be able to instruct them on a suitable course of action.

Every time I have contacted KIA, they have said I need to contact the dealer, there in lies the problem, the dealer has no clue.

I am really at the end of my tether, and left with a vehicle I now hate and wish I had never purchased.

I hope someone can help (or, perhaps, suggest a decent lawyer)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
So, what's the problem?
My curiosity was piqued but perhaps it’s a personal thing that the poster wishes to keep secret but just wanted to proclaim irritation/exasperation and get whatever the problem is off his/her chest…..online, in a forum to which the whole world may have access.:unsure:😁

·
Registered
442 Posts
My guess would be this..
post 38..

Maybe kia's new version of stop and go..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My curiosity was piqued but perhaps it’s a personal thing that the poster wishes to keep secret but just wanted to proclaim irritation/exasperation and get whatever the problem is off his/her chest…..online, in a forum to which the whole world may have access.:unsure:😁
Certainly not a personal thing. Just amazed that KIA spend so much time and money telling us about their 7 year warranty, and how much they care, and yet are unable or unwilling to correct a genuine fault.
I have now had four new KIA's, in the last ten years, luckily, I had no issues with the last 3, if I had, I would have seen KIA's customer service in action, and not had this problem, as I would have never bought from them again.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Just amazed that KIA spend so much time and money telling us about their 7 year warranty, and how much they care, and yet are unable or unwilling to correct a genuine fault.
With respect, you could have explained the reason for your post without requiring forum members, who may be interested, to research back through your other posts to find the problem you now complain of, if indeed that is the problem.

That said, if you feel that KIA may be in breach of their contractual obligations, there are plenty of solicitors who would be happy to provide you, at great cost, with their best endeavours to prosecute a case against a major, international carmaker with first-class lawyers at their disposal.

The remedy lies with KIA UK. Perhaps, you simply haven’t got to the right people yet but, without me doing any research, you might wish to raise the issue (again?) with the KIA Customer Support people in these pages?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With respect, you could have explained the reason for your post without requiring forum members, who may be interested, to research back through your other posts to find the problem you now complain of, if indeed that is the problem.

That said, if you feel that KIA may be in breach of their contractual obligations, there are plenty of solicitors who would be happy to provide you, at great cost, with their best endeavours to prosecute a case against a major, international carmaker with first-class lawyers at their disposal.

The remedy lies with KIA UK. Perhaps, you simply haven’t got to the right people yet but, without me doing any research, you might wish to raise the issue (again?) with the KIA Customer Support people in these pages?
"With respect", I originally asked a simple question, and you now feel the need to question my reason.
I understand you are a KIA fanboy, but do not understand your reason to post on this subject, if you cannot be helpful.
Have I not asked for contact detail's "about getting to the right people", hence my post.
Do you really feel the need to try and be clever and condescending to a genuinely concerned KIA owner?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Your only legal contract is with the dealer you bought the car from. Any actions you take have to be taken against them. If the car is on HP, PCP or lease (or similar) the lender will also have some joint responsibility. If its on a personal loan the lender has no responsibility.

You have no legal contract with Kia UK (or whatever their correct company name is) thus no action can be taken against them that would stand a chance of being successful in any court.

Under the CRA 2015 you would be able to reject the car if the dealer had attempted to to repair it and failed. Its easy in the first 28 days, fairly easy within the first 6 months but for 6 months on it would be up to you to prove there is a fault.

Its all here Consumer Rights Act 2015 but you will need a good solicitor with experience of teh CRA to ensure sucess.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Have I not asked for contact detail's "about getting to the right people", hence my post.
I thought that I pointed you in the right direction, not knowing if you had attempted that route previously or not, in the last paragraph of post # 6.

Given that you have asserted your lack of confidence in a KIA dealer and knowing that KCS have been helpful in a number of cases where trust has broken down between customer and dealer, I thought that could be a cost-free opportunity to have a KIA dealer reassess the situation, possibly leading to resolution without the need to resort to expensive legal process.

Your ad hominem comments in post #7 were both untrue and completely uncalled for.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Your only legal contract is with the dealer you bought the car from.
Although I am not a lawyer, while I understand the point you make with regard to the seller/buyer relationship, in the case of the 7-year warranty, a contract exists between KIA (the UK arm in this context) and the car owner/subsequent owners. Franchised dealers are not part of that contract.

A car need not even be serviced by KIA franchisees to ensure compliance with the warranty conditions so long as the service history is acceptable to KIA under the terms specified.

·
Registered
502 Posts
As I understand the law your contract is with whoever you buy the product from. The seller is required to provide warranty repairs and then gets paid by the manufacturer/importer (or other) who they have a contract with.

In the warranty T & C's it states "Whilst the contract to carry out the repairs will be with the dealer, we will pay the costs of the repairs" and that looks pretty clear to me.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
In the warranty T & C's it states "Whilst the contract to carry out the repairs will be with the dealer, we will pay the costs of the repairs" and that looks pretty clear to me.
I agree entirely with that but no KIA dealer may perform work under the warranty without authority from KIA (UK in this case). Can you imagine if all KIA franchisees were to deal with every problem encountered by owners and then simply bill the manufacturer for the cost?

While it would be lovely for all of us, were that the case, dealers are not permitted to embark on warranty work until KIA UK approve the claim concerned. I’m sure that local dealerships are party to the decision and would be required by KIA UK to ensure the validity of any claim based on examination of the vehicle and sight of the service history. I doubt that a KIA dealer can actually deny a warranty claim but they may have the ability to influence KIA’s decision.

The last part of the sentence in bold type, 'we will pay the costs of the repairs’ suggests that KIA UK is the party responsible for the warranty provisions. Were that not the case, each supplying dealer would be responsible for 7-years worth of warranty claims.

It is not the KIA dealers who advertise the 7-year warranty; that is the manufacturer’s promise to buyers, a promise that remains with the car so long as owners maintain their side of the bargain with regard to servicing.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Its quite simple. All manufacturers advertise products nationally and set up warranties and dealers normally sell them and are responsible for sorting out issues. The dealer is then paid by the manufacturer. The dealer will probably have to get approval for work although they may have a max before they need to go through any process.

In my experience most cheap products are simply replaced. When I had an issue with a Canon printer I bought from Currys/PC world they simply gave me a new one (including new inks) and gave me another 12 month warranty, not viable to fix a £60 product.

·
Super Moderator
2,768 Posts
Although I am not a lawyer, while I understand the point you make with regard to the seller/buyer relationship, in the case of the 7-year warranty, a contract exists between KIA (the UK arm in this context) and the car owner/subsequent owners. Franchised dealers are not part of that contract.

A car need not even be serviced by KIA franchisees to ensure compliance with the warranty conditions so long as the service history is acceptable to KIA under the terms specified.
Just to point out.

A Warranty is provided by a company on their own terms. It is over and above any legal legislation.

OP issue is with the dealer. But they could also involve the Motor industry onwardsman.

Symptoms.

- The problem is a momentary hesitation with no response to the throttle that lasts from 1 to 3 secs when pulling out at junctions, roundabouts or traffic lights
Sounds to me very much something that is heard quite often on DCT's and is down to not stopping, so DCT is fooled and in the wrong gear for fast getaway.

OP.
We do not hold any contact details for anyone working at Kia, the only Kia input is via KCS who post here. As this is a 3rd party forum and not run by Kia.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My guess would be this..
post 38..

Maybe kia's new version of stop and go..
Post 42 on the Throttle Hesitation thread by BryFly suggests it has now been acknowledged as an issue and an update is due sometime in July

·
Registered
269 Posts
From iooi - "...Sounds to me very much something that is heard quite often on DCT's and is down to not stopping, so DCT is fooled and in the wrong gear for fast getaway..."

Having never driven a DCT I might be completely on the wrong wavelength here but in my torque converter box I can tell it to stay in 1st, or only use 1st and 2nd, or 1st , 2nd, 3rd, or all 4 gears (its a Venga gen 1 with a 4 speed) ie: If I so choose I can drive it effectively like a clutchless manual
Could this be a provable thing by an affected DCT driver, using manual options for a few days (assuming DCT's have a manual option)?

Admittedly it doesn't cure it but would narrow it down to a gearbox control related problem? (although possibly somewhat academic now that Kia have acknowledged there is a fault)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just to point out.

A Warranty is provided by a company on their own terms. It is over and above any legal legislation.

OP issue is with the dealer. But they could also involve the Motor industry onwardsman.

Sounds to me very much something that is heard quite often on DCT's and is down to not stopping, so DCT is fooled and in the wrong gear for fast getaway.

OP.
We do not hold any contact details for anyone working at Kia, the only Kia input is via KCS who post here. As this is a 3rd party forum and not run by Kia.
I have looked into the ombudsman, it does not appear to be very straight forward, but looks like the route I will have to take, if this does not get sorted soon.

I can safely say it is not down to the DCT as, when it is running as it should, it works fine. There is no delay when accelerating from low speeds, even if it is in a higher gear than expected. Also, when it is not running as it should, which appears to be more often now, it can hesitate, be completely unresponsive or even shudder when I try to accelerate. I am only talking about a slight acceleration, not trying to go fast quickly. It also does it from stationary, i.e. pulling out from junctions, when it is in 1st gear, which is one of my biggest worries.

KCS, who appear to be just call centre staff sitting at a computer quoting what they have to say, and not listening or caring what the issue is, will only listen to what the dealer tells them, I have asked them if I can take it to a proper independent mechanic, but they said no.

·
Super Moderator
2,768 Posts
Is it only one Kia dealer that has seen it, or have you taken it to another to get a 2nd opinion.
Nothing to stop you getting a independent opinion.
Might cost you and might not budge Kia from their warranty stance. But as a consumer it is your right.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Hi All

Does anyone know the contact details, ideally email address, of someone at KIA who actually care about, and can actually do something about, customers who have a faulty vehicle?

I have no confidence or trust in the dealer or KIA, but KIA appear to be completely reliant on them, taking their word over mine and not able to suggest any solution, but, I am sure they should still be able to instruct them on a suitable course of action.

Every time I have contacted KIA, they have said I need to contact the dealer, there in lies the problem, the dealer has no clue.

I am really at the end of my tether, and left with a vehicle I now hate and wish I had never purchased.

I hope someone can help (or, perhaps, suggest a decent lawyer)

Thanks

We're sorry you feel your concerns haven't been handled appropriately. Whilst it's quite necessary to refer back to our Kia Academy trained technicians at dealers in many cases, we should demonstrate our 'Family-like Care' ethos and consider all options available to us if the issue is proving a difficult one to resolve.

Could you please PM us with the dealer name, reg and confirming if you're the registered keeper. We'll then review the contact you've had with us so far and get some some more information from you about the issue.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit Discover Our Kia Range & Find A Local Dealer | Kia Motors UK
Follow https://twitter.com/KiaUK
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Watch www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Customer Service opening hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 13:00
Sunday: Closed

1 - 20 of 21 Posts