Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi,

I recently changed my Kia emblem for the Korean “E” one, tyre hubs, front and rear now has full size “Stinger”, does this warrant a modification for my car insurance to be notified?

rear window tint and wind deflectors also installed so guessing I might need to 📞 em.

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
TBH. I would expect no charge for that.

I only inform any mods if it is effecting power or a major change.
More than happy not to get wind deflectors or Window tints (although Kia's are dark enough already) replaced.

Reactions: Fireballsevenn

·
Registered
95 Posts
View attachment 10207
Hi,

I recently changed my Kia emblem for the Korean “E” one, tyre hubs, front and rear now has full size “Stinger”, does this warrant a modification for my car insurance to be notified?

rear window tint and wind deflectors also installed so guessing I might need to 📞 em.
My insurer doesn't even have badges or decals as an option to declare so not even possible. That rear Stinger badge looks so much better (y) Done the same to mine but left the Kia badge at the front and got some red GT overlays for the wheels.

·
Registered
647 Posts
For the sake of it, I'd give them a call. They will probably laugh but at least then it's on file should the worst happen and the adjuster starts pointing out non-standard exterior mods...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies folks, will give them a buzz to cover myself. Will report back if any change on my premium.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I suppose they could argue that the car is more / less likely to be stolen through badges. For example, if you stuck a Maserati badge on it (seeing as most people don't know what the car is anyway you could probably get away with it :ROFLMAO: ) then perhaps it could become more of a target. But I very much doubt it in reality.

Will be interesting to know what they say anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, was on hold on phone for 30min with car insurance so gave up. Updated online instead, only had ability to update car window tint. Badges only update if showing a performance change which mine ain’t. Also lumped on business travel due to a change of job role. £44 In total for those 2 updates. 🍻

·
Registered
782 Posts
Beware all if you tint your rear windows! my insurance runs out in 3 weeks been getting quotes, I'm with Avvia plus at the moment and tinting is no extra cost if you declare it, my first new quote from L&V they wanted over £100 extra because rear windows are tinted :mad:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Cuz tinted windows make it a greater risk? 😑
I would imagine (and I'm just guessing) that 'statistically speaking', people who tint windows are more likely to crash. You know the thing, the modding scene, mapped, lowered, burnouts etc. Expect they use a database and stats to work out the risk. Or, they just use it to get some extra cash in!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts