Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...What the little black circle thing is on the dash just in front of where the centre speaker should be?

I thought it might have something to do with the auto dimming mirror but the sensor for that is on the back of the mirror. If anyone is not sure what i mean i can post a pic on photobucket.

Thanks

EDIT: My signature has disappeared??

Edited by: gummibear1986

·
Registered
14 Posts
is this not for your automatic climate control?its designed to measure the temperature conditions within the cabin.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldnt of thought so as i dont have automatic climate control, i only have manual air conditioning

·
Registered
14 Posts
HiI have have downloaded the soul brochure. can you clarifiy is it a black dome small and close to the window?
if it is then it could be one of two things as kia seem to have them on almost all there modles for example on the ceed sw there are two one flashes red when the alaram is set and the other is a temperature sensor.
I cant actually see it from kia soul brochure thats if we are both talking about the same thing.
good luck and hope this has helped

·
Registered
207 Posts
On my Carens, the little black dome in the centre of the dash - next to the windscreen - is the light sensor for the automatic headlight control.no idea if any Souls have the same.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Oh forgot to say - the temp sensor for the climate control( again on the Carens) is a small grill just to the left of the steering wheel, between the wheel and the radio housing - my old volvo had exactly the same position for its climate control sensor.

Cheers!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

Thanks for the replies. I can confirm it is a small black dome close to the window. The soul doesnt have automatic headlights (although i wish it did) so not for that. I dont have climate control so cant be for that.

I wouldnt have thought it would be the temperature that reads on the stereo as they are usually in the wing mirror to record outside temp.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Is it possibly the receiver for the remote locking/unlocking fob?

·
Registered
499 Posts
It was in the rio i used to have. that didn't have central locking or climate control.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts