Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found this hanging over my steering wheel this morning fell of sticky pad just above my rear view mirror does anyone have any idea what it is please.

·
Super Moderator
4,984 Posts
Have you got a picture from the outside showing where it came from?

What sort of features does you car have? Anything like Auto sensing wipers?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is stuck to the black part of the windscreen above the rear view mirror it cannot be seen from the outside my car is a Kia ceed 2 sports wagon

·
Super Moderator
4,984 Posts
I take it that the wires are routed under the roof lining?

Some sort of sensor would be best guess, but without knowing your cars features it's hard to say what.

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
157 Posts
It is stuck to the black part of the windscreen above the rear view mirror it cannot be seen from the outside my car is a Kia ceed 2 sports wagon
As Iooi says, without knowing the spec of your vehicle it’s just guess work.
could be a sensor for a couple of different things, my first thought was a microphone for hands free calling, but looking closer this is unlikely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kia Ceed SW (2007 - 2012) 1.6 CRDi (89bhp) EcoDynamics 5d
1.6 CRDi (89bhp) EcoDynamics 5d

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
157 Posts
That still doesn’t tell us which bits the car has added, auto dip headlights, auto wipers or something completely different.
as said above it could be something fitted by a previous owner….
Does the prt have a Kia stamp and part number??

·
Super Moderator
4,984 Posts
Sadly we do not know the exact spec of every Kia produced.
So please help us. What feature does your car have such as Auto sensing wipers, internal alarm sensors etc.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,692 Posts
I wonder if it is some sort of old aerial/antenna for something, similar to this?
I was thinking the same thing, possibly an after market DAB aerial. One cable for power and the second to send the signal to the head unit. But that it is a complete stab in the dark.

·
Super Moderator
4,984 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, possibly an after market DAB aerial. One cable for power and the second to send the signal to the head unit. But that it is a complete stab in the dark.

Trace the wires on that one.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The square bit in the middle looks very much like a GPS antenna to me, the other cable appears to be going to those copper traces on the circuit board ... DAB antenna?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts